Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Takeoff Schedule and Wall Sweeps

Material Takeoff Schedule and Wall Sweeps

Revise 3D modeled wall sweep behavior to reflect the material associated on the material take off schedule.
14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

We need to be able to see in a legend what materials are on wall sweeps.  Right now they don't show up. So you have to come up with a work around to get a material schedule/legend to indicate materials for Metal Wall Copings, Base Boards, Crown Molding,etc.

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please. Crazy that we still can't do this. If an object can take a material, then it should be able to be reported. There was a solution posted though, if you change the wall sweep to parts, it reports the material. I still think it needs updating. Solution marked below...

2009... http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?110431-material-takeoff-for-wall-sweep

2010... http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?94924-Host-Sweeps-material-not-showing-up-on-a-material-schedu...

2012... https://www.revitforum.org/architecture-general-revit-questions/9675-wall-sweep-materials-takeoffs-2...

(This one has a solution)>>> 2016... https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/wall-sweeps-in-material-takeoff/m-p/6536403#...

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

sokolovarch
Participant

Right now I have to make skirting board as another wall, and if I have to change size of the room, I have to move wall, wall finishing and skirting board all along (which is quiet frustrating sometimes), so I wish I could simply add schedulable wall sweeps to wall finishing structure. And it would be great if I could also change visibility/graphics for created wall sweep.

P.S: "Wall: Sweep" tool is not great.

P.P.S: Using "wall" tool for skirting board is wrong for informational modelling, because it is recognized as wall and it can be host for such elements like doors, windows e.t.c.

Tags (7)
scadetMH3VD
Contributor

Would like to extend this to railings, gutters, fascias, all of those profile based content that are mysteriously omitted from the MTO schedules. 

casquatch
Collaborator

@kimberly.fuhrman - Couple of duplicates here for this same basic idea. 

Schedule all modeled elements - Autodesk Community

Wall Sweeps to show up in Material Schedules - Autodesk Community

Schedule for wall sweeps which are added to a wall structure - Autodesk Community

And if this doesn't add about 5000 likes for this idea, I'm not sure if it'll ever be implemented. Here's a post from 2006 (yes, 2006) asking for the same feature. This post has 5000+ views...this tells me that there are far more than 50 people (current Idea votes) looking to do the same thing.

How to schedule wall sweep? - Autodesk Community - Revit Products

C'mon! 😁

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@casquatch , Thank you for finding these. I will combine the posts and votes. 

Meanwhile, check out this Accepted Idea on tagging Wall Sweeps...maybe this is a step in the process toward scheduling? Here's hoping!

-Kimberly

casquatch
Collaborator

Thanks @kimberly.fuhrman ! While tagging of them is one part, it's somewhat of a useless feature to be able to tag but not also show those tagged elements within a schedule. It also appears that the Idea post you are referencing is for the already schedulable wall sweeps, not the ones that are nested within a wall type's structure.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@casquatch Thank you for making that distinction! I will follow up with the product team.

-Kimberly

Thank you for circling back on this "idea"!  It is definitely a hassle to create work arounds for a wall sweep element to show up in a Material Takeoff Schedule within the project, regardless of whether it is created independent of the wall type.   As all materials within the wall structure reflect within material take off schedules, the wall sweep (vertical structure elements) should follow suit. 

adamXB8VD
Explorer

This is important tool for particularly architects working in development firms.  It will really allow for strong cost calculations when it is modelled how it will be constructed. 

screenshot.png

kdbruin
Participant

Thanks to all mentioning this problem again. Agree to damo3; When Revit offers a material take-off schedule then it should report all the elements materials and quantities correctly. Regarding to wall sweeps it's not a shortcomming in Revit it is a bug. Making layered wall types offers (wall)sweep and reveal functionality to accomplish this in an out of time interface. Reveals in wall types cause problems as well (bug) when the wall is cut by a door (void) at the position of the reveal. Working with parts is no solution. This makes the model unnecessary more complex. (You have to make a "part" material take-off schedule otherwise you get the materials doubled, and you have to make parts of other components as well to show them in that schedule). All very much time consuming.

Autodesk support was advising me to just model every wall layer separately in the model. How much unnecesary time do we have to spent Autodesk?

So my wish would be to solve these problems with layered walls (sweeps and reveals) as soon as possible! (maybe better to rebuild the whole wall object?)

anthony_iskandar
Advocate

Since 2009, the calculation of wall sweep material is always wrong, it doubles the material area. Hope this will be corrected.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/material-take-off-areas/td-p/2493956

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators