Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Sweep tags

Wall Sweep tags

I am looking for options to tag wall sweeps that are in projects. You can schedule wall sweeps but you can't place a tag. I have seen in a couple forums of people utilizing material tags as an option but there should be the option to have a wall sweep tag. This is mainly for interior design.

7 Comments
purvigirwin
Advocate

I would add being able to tags reveals would be nice, too.

brianmpayne
Explorer

And mullions and every other profile-sweep based object that currently is limited.

Ilic.Andrej
Advisor

We need this!

Bez naslova.pngBez naslova 2.png

Ilic.Andrej
Advisor

Also, we can't edit sweep types from the project browser. Please include sweeps under <<project browser/ families>>.

jmartucci2
Advocate

I need to be able to tag wall sweeps by Type Mark in my Revit projects. Right now the only way to do it is either with a material tag or keynote, but neither way is good.

For example, when tagging wood trim, I would want it to read WT-01. but with a material tag it would show the finish (paint, stain, etc.) instead of the wood trim type. I would need to create duplicate materials for each different trim type and give them my wood trim type identifier inside the material parameters. Or if I use keynotes, it messes up the keynote schedule if I'm placing normal keynotes anywhere else on my sheet.

This would all be fixed if we could simply use a tag like most other element types inside of Revit. The Type Mark parameter already exists in the wall sweeps family category, why are we not able to tag them?

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2023! Thank you for your contribution to improving Revit!

Help | Additional Taggable Categories | Autodesk

-The Factory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report