Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve performance when editing electrical circuits (adding ,removing parts..)

Improve performance when editing electrical circuits (adding ,removing parts..)

When we change/edit a circuit (by removing a symbol/fixture from a circuit and adding it to another, it takes very long). This depends on the number of symbols on the panel and gets slower logarthmic, not linear. At the end of the video I've attatched, you will see the difference. The same action is approx 20x faster because of removal of 2/3 of the symbols.

8 Comments
Martin__Schmid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi @Thomasbsmits  thanks for the suggestion.  We are always looking for ways to improve the performance of the software.  Can you elaborate on under what scenarios you would have over 500 devices on a single circuit?  

Thomasbsmits
Explorer

Hi @Martin__Schmid, mainly within our non-residential projects. We're experiencing very slow preformance within the following project regarding to the "star" ceiling (Rotterdam ICC): https://zwartlichtvr.com/pano/ahoy/index.html

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk

Interesting!  @Thomasbsmits  could you please log a support ticket here?  It would be better for our team to evaluate this in the actual project if possible so that we can evaluate other dependencies that wouldn't be readily apparent in the basic example in your original post.

Thomasbsmits
Explorer

Hi @Martin__Schmid, I've allready created a case (15198085) within our support portal. They've asked me to submit this issue at the idea station.

Martin__Schmid
Autodesk

@Thomasbsmits  Ergh, ok, thanks.. sorry for the crossed wires.  I'll follow up with the support folks.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2022.1! Thank you for your contribution to improving Revit!

-The Factory

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report