Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight the Section Box Arrows

Highlight the Section Box Arrows

The section box in a 3D view has blue control arrows that can be extremely hard to see in the project. Every time I train people to use Revit, I have to walk to everyone's desk and show them exactly where the blue arrows are because they blend in far too much with the model. Even having used Revit consistently for 6+ years, I sometimes struggle seeing/locating the control arrows. 

I believe that the solution would be quite simple since it is a very minimal user interface issue. Perhaps you can highlight the arrows with a semi-transparent white orb around the blue arrows. It is a minimal issue, but a daily annoyance. 

Notice how hard the arrows are to see in this screenshot. This is a daily occurrence and I did not adjust the view intentionally to make them harder to see:

HilaryRomaniuk_0-1669051116641.png

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

when convert background to black some elements or symbols like section box arrow still in dark below and hardly can be found
i hope to add option to custom all elements colors

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

section box grips and all similar objects color should be the inverted of the back ground

it always blue and not recognized easily with the black background

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I like to use the dark background color also, but there is currently no option to adjust the color of the blue links for views.  As a result, I have to zoom in really closely on a wall section to be able to read the detail callout number.  Can there be an option to either automatically adjust the contrast of the callout bubbles, or to allow users to set the colors manually?

Nicholas.TsagkosDWHH6
Participant

It would be great to be able to change the colour of the shape handles. For those of us who prefer a dark background (like dark gray to save our eyes from working all day long to produce drawings), the shape handles (and also selection colour of text) is a darker blue, which makes it extremely difficult to see where those handles are against a dark background.

Also, Revit 2022 allows for a "dark theme" of its main user interface, but this at best could be described as a medium gray theme. It would be extremely nice to have a proper dark theme, as well as for Revit's UI theme to be driven by the system theme, in reference to Windows' theming capabilities.

You can't even switch off temporary dimensions.

Also, when a linked rvt file is pinned Revit and select pinned elements is off Revit can still dimension this, it shouldn't, like it can't select the link it shouldn't select the link for dimensions either.

In addition, it would be nice if we had the option to change the way the grips look on selected elements. For example, when you select a wall, you see the handles for the wall location line, temporary dimensions, etc, but after awhile, they all start looking the same.

Tags (1)
wr.marshall
Advisor

@Nicholas.TsagkosDWHH6 your idea sounds like my idea. 

Able to change colour and size of press pull grips - Autodesk Community

If you feel they the same, please ask @kimberly_fuhrman-jones to combine.

Nicholas.TsagkosDWHH6
Participant

Hi wr.marhall, indeed they are similar, there are so many users asking for more customisation, it's 2022 and still not able to change all the colours and no full black theme for properties and project browser.
Actually i meant to say the snaps but of course everything should be able to change colour, to fit user's needs.
Forum admins can act and do what they think is best.
Thank you.

Hi, @Nicholas.TsagkosDWHH6 ,

There are several different aspects to your post so for now I will keep them separate. Here is a very popular thread on the dark theme for Revit. Feel free to add your vote there!

Full dark theme - Autodesk Community

Thank you for your Idea submission!

-Kimberly

Mike.FORM
Advisor

Agreed, I often have difficulty seeing exactly where the grips are even if in hidden line view as the blue is way to close to black on screen.

The colour of the grips should either match the selection colour of you should be able to set them individually. this would also apply to any families with grips related to instance parameters and reference planes.

MikeFORM_0-1669053422864.png

Simon_Weel
Advisor

The underlying problem is screen resolution getting higher and higher, but UI elements don't scale along with it. At least not all of them, as outlined in this case. So Autodesk, make the whole UI scale with screen resolution? And / or let all applications obey the Windows Scale and layout settings. But even Microsoft doesn't do that for all it's UI-elements, so..... yeah.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report