Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix hatch pattern for slope floor!

Fix hatch pattern for slope floor!

This has been a problem for years!

When the floor is sloped, the pattern get's all wonky. Placing a filled region on top is a dumb way of doing it, if the profile change, you have to go update all the filled regions. We prefer to use the live model and not put a band-aid on top. 

ATran_1-1591974197700.png

Autodesk please fix!!

51 Comments
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you everyone for the feedback! While yes, the issue with the pattern on a modified slab (by elevation points) was *implemented*, it seems that the one remaining caveat is with a *curved* slab, and this is something that our product teams are continuing to work on. My apologies for the confusion!! Our work here is obviously not done, but ongoing.

-Kimberly

MDAVIS_MKSK
Explorer

Hi @kimberly.fuhrman ,

I appreciate the teams work on this issue and am looking forward to additional releases. I have downloaded 2023.1 and I'm not sure the issue is resolved. See my examples below of a rectangular shaped floor that I modified to test this feature. The drafting pattern is noticeably warped and the model pattern appears to still have warping/alignment issues. The model hatch at least looks presentable compared to a curved shape, though could still use some improvements. If it is in fact fixed for non-curved shapes, is there a setting to address the hatch pattern display that I may be missing?

Thanks!

Mike

DRAFTING PATTERN EXAMPLEDRAFTING PATTERN EXAMPLEMODEL PATTERN EXAMPLEMODEL PATTERN EXAMPLEENLARGEMENT OF MODEL PATTERN ALIGNMENTENLARGEMENT OF MODEL PATTERN ALIGNMENT

laurenkschmidt
Participant

A few notes (and opinions) about this "improvement":

1. The entry for this is found under the align tool (confusing IMO).

• On the ribbon, you will see there are new options here. Entire surface is selected by default, so if you go to align your pattern it will attempt to align it.
  • This does require you to do the align command twice, once each for the X and Y dimension.

2. I say "attempt" because it is not technically possible to do a true alignment, because it is still a model pattern assigned to many faces. See below for a floor with an "aligned" pattern. The more faces and slope you have, the less your pattern will align.

3. Curved faces still warp, so the effect also doesn't work on those faces.

4. Because it is tied to the align tool, it does not work with drafting patterns

In all honesty, I'm not sure why this "improvement" was released like this. What users want is essentially a flat pattern (no warping, no breaks at split lines, etc). And putting it into the align tool and not supporting drafting patterns seems to be confusing most users who are looking for this.

laurenkschmidt_0-1677777634308.png

M1k3Max
Explorer

@kimberly.fuhrman I have found a workaround on curved sloped surface......(1)draw surface as rectangle (2) slope surface as required (3) create in place component (4) draw void (5) cut geometryCurved Slope Floor Void.pngCurved Slope Floor Final.png

jlush
Participant

@kimberly.fuhrman   Has this been addressed yet?  I have a site with an Ashlar paver pattern in  Revit 2023.  The material gets distorted and warped at slope areas

W_Whit
Enthusiast

Hi @kimberly.fuhrman

With the (assumed) coming release of Revit 2025... can you provide any updates on this request being implemented? Now that we have Toposolids, I think the community would agree we would expect the issue to be fixed for both floors and toposolids. 

We need a complete and proper fix to this issue. The current 'align' function still creates anomalies and minor differences where the patten is not seemless (including the curved edge issue). I'm Autodesk may appreicate these can create large issues for our professional projects.

W_Whit
Enthusiast

Hi @kimberly.fuhrman ,

I'd have had a look through the release notes for Revit 2025 and I can't find any reference to this issue being implemented. Can you provide an update if I have missed the note, if it will be implemented in a dot update or are we waiting another year?

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@W_Whit ,

This one is still in development. I cannot give a precise date of when it will be completely implemented, but know that this is part of the ongoing work that is being done regarding system family improvements (floors, walls, etc.). Sorry I don't have better news!

straverSBZ3NW
Observer

This has been as issue for far too long. It needs to be fixed ASAP. I wish I could 1000 times.

cameron8X28G
Observer

2025 release - any updates ? 

megan_randerson
Explorer

Anyone know if this has this been addressed?  Landscape Architect here - have been struggling with this since 2013 - and it is now causing site problems with aligning pavers to civil jointing from structure underneath the slab on a major infrastructure project with high level BIM requirements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators