Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drafting Views as option for Linked View

Drafting Views as option for Linked View

It would be really great if drafting views from a linked model were available as options for the linked view. This way details and other 2D drawings could be available across shared models from one central project. Also a good option as a workaround for a legend that could be shared with different models and would update live when the link is reloaded

30 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

If feature is implemented, please include API access so that we can automate links to drafting views! This will allow for views to be interlinked between Revit files ~natively and automated with plugins/scripts/dynamo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Idea!

anbh
Participant

This is a good feature!

It should also include the ability to reference to a linked Drafting View. It's essential when working with details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Idea!

neilharper2101
Contributor

This is exactly what I need. But 2019 and still nothing has happened?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also interested in this feature being implemented !

Anonymous
Not applicable

This feature will be a GREAT help.

2020 perhaps ?

designtechK6UL9
Explorer

This is an amazing idea and exactly what i need to solve a lot of current problems with large model coordination.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please

acrossonbouwers
Contributor

This is precisly what we need as well, and +1 for allowing API access to this feature as well. Would be very helpful for sharing typical details to multi-building projects without having to copy-paste changes into each separate RVT file!

designtechK6UL9
Explorer

Until Autodesk solves this problem we have actually just started using an Add-In software called ViewAQC (https://26degreessoftware.com/) that handles linking of details between multiple models. It's a pretty intuitive piece of software to pick-up and start using, and it's starting to solve a lot of Detail View linking problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been experimenting with a new workflow for multi-unit projects. Will give feedback wen we have had time to test the stability in bigger projects. 

acrossonbouwers
Contributor

@designtechK6UL9 

Thanks for the suggestion - my brief perusal of the software looks like a good solution. Do you have estimates for how much the software costs?

GraphOnto
Contributor

Long-time ArchiCAD user here, now working on 9-building residential development in Revit. Linking views and sheets (rather than 'insert from file' as one time static import) is basic functionality missing in Revit.

cdhighfield
Observer

Great suggestion as the move is growing of the need to share the same drafting detail view(s) and organize for other users across multiple building models on large projects. Will take a closer look at ViewAQC. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this feature available yet?

neilharper2101
Contributor

No, of course not. Vaccines (and squiggly lines) can be made quicker than Autodesk actually adds something people would find helpful. Should I mention a text editor anyone??

MWM_EltiB
Explorer

This is lifesaving for many architects. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to add a voice to this thread. This would be extremely helpful for my organization; modular construction/design with several factories across the US.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

this would be great, yes please

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report