Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand select all instances in view/project

Expand select all instances in view/project

Expand the select all instances in view/project command to more than one object.

32 Comments
geo-arch
Advocate

Ability to Select All Instances during Few Elemnets Selected

samuelsanf
Advisor

In AutoCAD you can select a Polyline and use the Select All Intances command, then select an Arc and use Select All Instances again without unselect the previous polyline, this command works with multiple object at time with no problem.

In Revit you only can use Select All Intances for an object a time. It will be nice if you can do a Select All Intances for various objects types at once.

Another thing is that in Revit you can't Select All Intances for annotations lines, I would appreciate to see this in future.

Tags (3)
SChristensen
Participant

Allow Select All instances in view and in project to apply to Line Styles.

A_MAQ
Advisor

Ability to select all instances of model lines in project or views it will be a great features

damo3
Advisor

Oh yes. This would make cleaning up redundant / replacing line styles so much easier. 

Kimtaurus
Advisor

This needs way more votes.

I've got a project with 100 or so views and changing (duplicate) line styles is an absolute hassle.

I've got to open every view to check and change style if necessary.

A_MAQ
Advisor

totally agree with you , we are waiting a response from autodesk 

Kimtaurus
Advisor

I've found a similar Idea, maybe an administrator can merge these Ideas? @sasha.crotty ?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/select-all-for-line-styles/idi-p/6866530

A_MAQ
Advisor

Thanks @sasha.crotty

vanessa
Participant

It would be nice if we could right click on a specific linetype and "select all instances" in view instead of having to select everything and then filter them out.

Tags (2)
tomek
Collaborator

You, that would be real useful. This is related to my more general idea that encompasses this idea:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/add-annotations-categories-to-view-filters/idi-p/7960096

-t

Kimtaurus
Advisor
sabeel.shaik
Contributor

This will save a lot of time for sure.

sabeel.shaik
Contributor

I am eagerly waiting for auto desk to add this feature.

leoromanese
Community Visitor

YES I 100% AGREE

roldham89U5G
Contributor

YES!

Atafs
Enthusiast

This would be absolutely helpful

Atafs
Enthusiast

good Idea

awasyliw
Advocate

For the sake of my sanity please give us the ability to select multiple object types and do a select all instances on them.

Some options on matching might also be nice (type/family/level/etc.)

Tags (2)
Intuos5
Advisor

Also allow to use a window selection in Edit Group > Add detail group, instead of manually selecting the individual lines to be added. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report