Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Options

Design Options

Redesign the layout of Design Options to work like a Project Browser. This would allow a user to rename, reorder and group design options as needed. Also allow a keyboard shortcut for Main Model.

13 Comments
mnieuwkerk
Participant

my friends at Autodesk

can you please make it so, that when i'am editting Design options I can use a UP and Down button so i can move a Option Set in the list!?

and also for the Options itself within a option set a UP and Down button.

for I can adjust any mistake that's made when creating them.

that would be great an so user friendly.

thnx and all best

with kind regards

M.Nieuwkerk

The Netherlands - Europe

ali02203
Explorer

I know this has been posted multiple times over the past 8-9 years and with the amount of support it's gotten surprised it hasn't been implemented yet in 2021... but here goes another try. Allow Design Options and Design Option Sets to be sorted based on Users preference and designation instead of the order in which they were created. Doesn't have to be fancy really.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @ali02203 ,

You're right, this Idea has been posted similarly before:

am idea for Design options - Autodesk Community

Design Options - Autodesk Community

Rather than have multiple similar Ideas (and diluted votes) what would think if I combined them, keeping yours as the most recent link?

Thank you for your submission!

Kimberly

ali02203
Explorer

Hello @kimberly.fuhrman ,

That'd be great. Thanks for suggesting that

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@ali02203  Thank you!

-Kimberly

BobbyC.Jones
Advocate

Would love to see this idea implemented, but we would 100% need a proper Design Option API to go with these changes.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@BobbyC.Jones  Please add your vote to this Idea if you haven't already:

Design Options API - Autodesk Community

Thank you!

-Kimberly

BobbyC.Jones
Advocate

Thanks @kimberly.fuhrman!  I definitely voted for that one long ago.  Keep trying to go back and add more votes but it won't let me 🙂

ekuipers
Community Visitor

I believe this would be a simple but very needed addition to design options. Currently there is no way to change the order of your design options which can be extremely frustrating if you are trying to organize options. 
Even more frustrating is taking all the time to organize them sequentially then Revit breaking the order when we are forced to upgrade the model to a newer version of Revit!

Please, this change would be a game changer for design option users.

Tags (1)
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @ekuipers ,

There is a similar Idea here: Design Options - Autodesk Community.

I will combine the two posts to help boost both!

Thank you for your submission!

Kimberly

LauraJCC
Participant

Hello @kimberly.fuhrman,

Haven't been an update on this still?

As many others, I can see, I would love to have the option to re-organize the design options once created.

Thanks

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @LauraJCC ,

It has not been added to our Revit Public Roadmap as of this date. This is a great place to keep track of what our product teams are currently working on, and you can also add your vote to items that you find to be important. Unfortunately we are not able to answer "when" something will be added to the roadmap.

-Kimberly

amellionwords
Participant

I created three design options and placed annotations in the main model only, but it still appears in my design options, is it possible to turn it off?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report