Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete solid fill duplicates

Delete solid fill duplicates

After inserting files, created in a Revit version set to other languages, you end up with duplicates for the solid fill pattern.

There's no way to delete these duplicates. I understand you need at least one solid fill, but we should be able to delete the others. For instance, the ones not matching our language settings.

Solid fill.PNG

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

solid fill.jpg

Autodesk support please elaborate on this issue!

It has been said that a database needed to be fixed but where is support to help us do that?

sasha.crotty
Community Manager

@Kimtaurus, could you please elaborate on "insert"? How do you insert the files? Are you able to reproduce this issue with a specific set of operations? I ask because we have not been able to reproduce this behavior, so if you have steps to repeat it that will help us fix the problem.

@Anonymous, please file a support case with Autodesk support. Your model can be cleaned up to remove these duplicates. 

Kimtaurus
Advisor

@sasha.crotty I've treid to repredoce the problem. It seems to be related to older Revit versions (oldest I have in 2016, so I can't check). In Revit 2016 and up, the program seems to recognise when a "Solid Fill" is being added from a family but with a different name. Other fill patterns do transfer to the project

Thus the problem seems to be resolved, but this doesn't change the fact that when working in older Revit projects, you can still be stuck with duplicates of the Solid Fill.

Pattern 2.JPGPattern 1.JPG

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks for submitting your idea. This issue was previously Archived as part of a batch cleanup of Revit Ideas. After a number of customer reports we have reviewed this idea and made the decision to accept it due to the significant impact on affected models. 

harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This issue has been resolved in Revit 2021 to remove duplicated solid fills.  Once you upgrade the project to 2021 they will be gone.  

Thank you,

The Factory

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report