Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Grip Colors

Customize Grip Colors

Add an Option for users to customize grip colors. Pale blue circles for wire ends strain the eyes. Let users customize grip colors so they stick out from selections, pre-selections, and objects.

6 Comments
SashKaz
Advocate

Hello,

I submitted an idea similar to yours. Couldn't agree more. We need to have better graphics in this department:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/clean-up-graphics-of-selected-elements-temporary-dimensio...

Sash

NateBrush
Advocate

SashKaz's idea is much more complete than mine. Click the link and upvote his.

DMK™
Enthusiast

Maybe changing colors for selection and pre-selection may help a little?Image 2823.jpg

Glazie
Contributor

It would be a helpful feature to enable users to customize the colours of different grips when they are active. For example, if you are have existing text that you want to move, rotate or stretch, you can move the mouse closer to those grips and they change from a blue to a purple. For me, this is hard to see if you have a lot of elements in one view and often another grip is inadvertantley activated. Even if the default colour is changed to red, or something that completely contrast blue, this would save time. 

SashKaz
Advocate

My idea (see earlier post) was archived. I have a feeling this one will be archived as well. To me, our ideas are so fundamental, they should be implemented into the core Revit product.

lucdoucet_msdl
Advisor

An additional argument to encourage Autodesk to enable the customization of the UI colors, be they the selection grips or any other control, is color blindness in the blue-yellow spectrum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness#Blue-yellow_color_blindness

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report