Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean Up Graphics of Selected Elements, Temporary Dimensions, etc

Clean Up Graphics of Selected Elements, Temporary Dimensions, etc

I am a Autodesk Certified Instructor who does a lot of teaching. One of the struggles that I deal with are the graphical outputs of temporary dimensions, curtain wall gridlines, using the pick lines w/ offset feature, etc. The big issue is that these elements are really hard to see on my screen. Now project that on a large surface and students cannot even see some of these elements. Sure, we can change the size of temporary dimensions and the colors for
Pre-Selected, Selected, and Warnings, but that is not good enough. We need to fix the dashed lines for walls that are being drawn, fix the dashed lines for the pick tool with the offset, etc, so that when we are drawing and selecting elements, it is obvious as to what is going on.

In addition, it would be nice if we had the option to change the way the grips look on selected elements. For example, when you select a wall, you see the handles for the wall location line, temporary dimensions, etc, but after awhile, they all start looking the same.

Sash Kazeminejad

Ideate, Inc.

6 Comments
NateBrush
Advocate

Sash,

Exactly on point. I posted a similar idea because grips are almost invisible when editing circuiting. I did a quick search for similar ideas and your idea didn't show up in my search. Yours is much more thorough.

I think changing the color would be sufficient, but changing the size or width of the lines would be nice too. If an offset line falls on a ceiling grid line for example, it is hard to see. A fatter line would make it pop out.

jkidder
Collaborator

It would be very helpful if scope boxes had easier to find and identify arrows.  Once you've manged to find the tiny arrow most times you have a 50% chance that you have the wrong side of the box.  Colors to differentiate x y & z and large arrows (like the sectioning that can be done on A360) would help.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

jondan
Enthusiast

It would be wonderful to be able to change the color of the shape handles. The graphics colors of the interface is able to be modified to a users' preference, and for most instances, this works well. However, for those of us who might prefer a dark background (more akin to what we might have been used to with AutoCAD), the shape handles (and also selection color of text) is a darker blue, which makes it extremely difficult to see where those handles are against a dark background.

Also, Revit 2022 allows for a "dark theme" of its main user interface, but this at best could be described as a medium gray theme. It would be extremely nice to have a proper dark theme, as well as for Revit's UI theme to be driven by the system theme, in reference to Windows' theming capabilities.

Nicholas.TsagkosDWHH6
Participant

I totally agree, in Acad you could customise almost everything, Revit doesn't give full freedom to the user to customise the software the way he needs, i changed my background colour to dark gray to save my eyes and i can't change the grip colour, is it that hard? 
Please implement more user settings and make the program suitable for all needs.
We're working many-many hours producing drawings, white is hard for the eyes, there was a reason AutoCAD had black background and you could customise colours and everything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report