Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall Alternating and Sequence Grid Pattern

Curtain Wall Alternating and Sequence Grid Pattern

Hey,

I'd like to see a feature in the curtain wall where I can set a custom sequence of grid spacing and curtain panel types.

For example: 

100cm, 150cm, 75cm, 100cm, 150cm, 75cm, 100cm, 150cm, 75cm, ....

with

Panel A, Panel B, Panel C, Panel A, Panel B, Panel C, Panel A, Panel B, Panel C, ....

or 

100cm, 150cm, 75cm, 100cm, 150cm, 75cm, 100cm, 150cm, 75cm, ....

with

Panel A, Panel B, Panel A, Panel B, Panel A, Panel B, ...

the maximum sequence length should unlimited.

3 Comments
4mcancalik4
Explorer

As far as I know, Its not possible in REVIT, you need manually change distances like the pattern you told me. I am just replying because I asked this question for 1-2 years, but sadly learned that there is noone who can do it 😞 Other softwares similar to Revit has that option. Revit really need it too because I want to use revit 😞

georgeaboagyewilliams
Participant

I'm struggling with this issue myself and quite surprised that it isn't an option I always thought that there would be a way to do that in a non manual way. It's ok to manually adjust dimensions in scenarios that aren't that large but when you get into larger massing where curves are involved in the mass. Are there any options through the use of dynamo maybe?

pbdbdq
Contributor

Yes, I agree a repeating irregular pattern option would be useful.

It would also be very useful to be able to place grids, name them and control their offset in a schedule/parametric kind of way. I have submitted this as an idea linked to this one (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/control-curtain-grid-position-by-parameter-value/idi-p/10...).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report