Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow pages with Legends to be copied from one project to another

Allow pages with Legends to be copied from one project to another

I just learned (not in a good way), that because I have a legend on a sheet, that the ENTIRE sheet is not available to copy from one project to another.  Good Grief!  You can't even see the sheet in the INSERT from file menu.  not even a copy all but the legend option.  (though in my case, I also want the legends to copy).  

Here's our situation:  We are an Architecture Firm.  We have a "default file" which has standard sheets for Accessible details and notes.  The idea is that when compiling sheets for a project, you grab from this default file the appropriate sheets needed for your project.  Not all projects are going to be identical, but they will share a lot of information(details and text notes) so we wanted one central file to house all the information.  (eliminate duplications).  Sometimes you need a 24x36 sheet and sometimes you need a 30x42 sheet, sometimes you need ramps, sometimes you don't, etc. 

So we wanted to have all possible sheet combinations pre-formatted and ready to insert.  Because Revit does not allow a single VIEW to be placed on more than one sheet, we thought we could outsmart it and create our duplicating text (and maybe details too), as LEGENDS, but now that's not an option either, because although it works quite nicely in the default file, we cannot transfer any of the sheets to the working project file.  (at least not as intended without extra clean up).  At the very least, the pages should still be visible in the list when Inserting views from files.  Having all transfer would be preferred, (I do know there are some work arounds for copying legends using add on programs).  

1 Comment
ipselute
Advisor

@leilani.gnall-gregory: I use TwentyTwoTransferLegend and TwentyTwoTransferTemplate. I also use PangolintoolsReplicateLegend_Viewonsheets. They are all free.

I created a rfa family file for my sheet sizes. I even created acouple of custom instance parameters for any random sheet size i might ever need (accidentally).

I put my legends and notes in another rfa family and load them separately.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators