Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoundingBox API Improvement

BoundingBox API Improvement

Hello, I recently figured out that a Revit family instance bounding box will include the flip control.  So if the flip control is outside of the family, it generates a bounding box that really doesn't represent the geometry extents properly.  I'd like to suggest there be a way to exclude the flip control and / or any non-visible elements using the Revit API.  Please see attached screenshot for how this issue impacts negatively the functionality.

3 Comments
josh_moore
Enthusiast

Devil is in the details Autodesk! -- Hey does anyone know if this issue has been resolved. Not much use filtering on bounding boxes when the objects flip arrows keep saying its in a wall and like Josh said you can't control standards for flip arrow placement everyone has their own and even the ones I have been bim managing and both mine and others are not good enough. I might try to write a script to move all the controls to the front middle and within the extrusions edge to at least fix our internal content. Does anyone know of a good starting point?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/remove-flip-controls-from-bounding-box-computation-fa...

a.miano_esa
Explorer

I would also exclude the "Room Calculation Point" arrows...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report