Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Line Weight in All Arrowhead Types

Allow Line Weight in All Arrowhead Types

Please allow Line Weight to be set in all Arrowhead types.

The "Heavy end tick mark" Arrowhead used in Text can be set to have its own Line Weight.

Text with other Arrowhead types currently use the same Line Weight for leader lines and Arrowheads.

Arrowhead Line Weights.PNG

In "Manage | Additional Settings | Annotations | Arrowheads" you can see that the "Heavy End Pen Weight" parameter is grayed out for all Arrow Styles except "Heavy end tick mark".

Arrowhead Type Properties.PNG

29 Comments
Tres_Hernandez
Contributor

After all these years and so much money poured into costly subscriptions, Autodesk continues to fail us year after year for such a measly request. This is such a needed item amongst all disciplines, so what's the hold up Autodesk?! I gert that Revit was originally built for architects, but as so many more disciplines are using it now Autodesk has taken the stance to just leave us out in the cold on this and so many other things that are just not customizable. 
We need to be able to create a custom arrow style to apply to a custom arrowhead created by someone at our firm, not Autodesk. 
At this point, I doubt this will ever be accommodated. 

luisBN87E
Explorer

Using the same Leader Arrowhead in ramps and stairs gives us different parameters to customize.

For example, in ramps we're able to change the Arrowhead Line Weight and Line Weight, while not being able to make the arrow to be the width of the ramp:

luisBN87E_0-1693423350635.png

When using on stairs, with the same Arrowhead, it gives us the possibility of making the arrow full step, while not being able to control line weight. It should work similarly on both ocasions:

luisBN87E_1-1693423503943.png

Is there a work around which i'm not finding?

rrichterV6PV8
Contributor

Autodesk please add this capability it is much needed!

dgensch_sa
Community Visitor

Architects miss the control they had with a pen, and then what we did with AutoCAD. To help turn the tide for stubborn REVIT users who had 2+ decades of experience before REVIT, please give them the ability for their arrow heads to look as good as what they used to draw!!!

rmcdonald_sa
Community Visitor

This is a necessary change for the types of annotations we use in the architectural field. Please make this change, Autodesk. 

Paul_F_Aubin
Advocate

It's a good idea and presumably wouldn't be that hard to implement??? But what I would really like to see is being able to create a custom arrowhead family and load it into any annotation that uses arrowheads. 

sdurkee_sa
Enthusiast

Hi @Paul_F_Aubin . Yes, that request has been around a long time too. It has been archived once or twice. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/custom-leader-arrowhead/idi-p/7092433 

sshelden_sa
Community Visitor

It is very important to most architects/designers to have some freedom in the way our drawings look, and I hate being dictated too regarding the subtle differences in text, leaders, arrow heads, line weights and such. As sophisticated as Revit is this should be an easy fix to allow flexibility on leaders, arrowheads and such.... PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

dtrifonov_sa
Explorer

This feature is essential to allow architects to show their own style on their drawings and should be part of Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report