Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Line Weight in All Arrowhead Types

Allow Line Weight in All Arrowhead Types

Please allow Line Weight to be set in all Arrowhead types.

The "Heavy end tick mark" Arrowhead used in Text can be set to have its own Line Weight.

Text with other Arrowhead types currently use the same Line Weight for leader lines and Arrowheads.

Arrowhead Line Weights.PNG

In "Manage | Additional Settings | Annotations | Arrowheads" you can see that the "Heavy End Pen Weight" parameter is grayed out for all Arrow Styles except "Heavy end tick mark".

Arrowhead Type Properties.PNG

29 Comments

When are we going to be able to adjust the lineweight for the 'arrow' arrow style for leaders?

At the moment when we set this style up for use the arrowhead gets lost within the rest of the documentation.  There is a parameter available however it is greyed out 'Heavy End Pen Weight' - surely it is as easy as allowing this.

You'd make many people very happy.

Tags (3)
patilST
Enthusiast

Hello  Melanie 

Heavy end pen weight is availble for Heavy end tick mark arrow style only.

for other arrow head styles it is of no use.

Please check bellow attached image.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil P

Revit Heavy arrow head.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Curiously there is one instance of arrow heard where we can change the weight of the head only. It's described in this post: http://betterrevit.com/features/leader-arrowheads/

This suggests that there is no technical difficulty to implementing this feature request. It's obviously just really low on the priority list, which is a shame as a whole lot of these low hanging fruit features could be implemented fairly quickly and bring a tremendous amount of satisfaction to the user base.

Anyway, while we're at it I would like to see the ability to increase the arrow head angle beyond 90 degrees.

-t

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

lionel.kai
Advisor

@MelanieTristram9636 If you still want this functionality, please repost so we can vote.

@Anonymous If you still want the >90° arrow, please vote for the Custom leader arrowhead idea.

Please un-archive this. As the user as noted, this should be a an easy change as the setting is already there.

KahnSir
Participant

I also need this feature, the user should able to customize the arrow head pen weight.

sdurkee_sa
Enthusiast

@MelanieTristram9636, you posted a request for this in 2016 and it was archived in 2017.

@Anonymous  @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous - you all voted for Melanie's original request.

Can you please vote for this updated request?

dereksiemens
Participant

This needs to be un-archived.  

I think the real problem is that 75% of working in revit consists of 'work-arounds', so something small like this gets overlooked.  As Tomek points out however, it would be an easy crowd pleaser.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Unarchiving as requested.

@sasha.crotty - An idea like this shouldn’t have to suffer through the tedious process of gathering support. Surely Autodesk staff such as yourself can see sufficient merit in this idea and encourage the software writers to adjust this in their next update. On that note I think there needs to be a paradigm shift in how Autodesk responds to user ideas. I don’t believe the small amount of users that have supported this idea is a true reflection of how many people would find this incredibly minor update useful. 
Documentation is the art of communication, I’d like to see Autodesk take this idea further and allow us to create our own custom arrowheads as you can in Autocad. 
Thanks @MelanieTristram9636  for raising this simple idea. It saved me from wasting more time trying to figure out how to do something that can’t currently be done. 

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi Matt,
As you know, there are many fantastic ideas in this forum. We have to prioritize them relative to each other and voting helps, although it it certainly not the only factor. Regarding it being easy, the fact that it it is disabled (which requires extra code), to me says that this is probably not as easy as it may appear since a team went through the trouble of disabling it. Making something work as expected goes beyond enabling a field. You also have to teach objects to respect the field, work well with each other, etc. From many years of experience, it's rare that things are that easy, although I am occasionally pleasantly surprised.
Thanks,
Sasha

OH.Nick.Allen
Explorer

I am keen to see this implemented as well - I feel it will improve the overall quality of each user's documentation and enable the documents to align with the company's standards. 

samuelsanf
Advisor

I also will like to use a wider line for the arrowhead while using a thin line for the line, to make something similar to this...

arrowhead.png

sdurkee_sa
Enthusiast

@aleksandar.kostic53ULB @navid.hoorzad @dbroad @OH.Nick.Allen @jadrian3S2EM @KahnSir @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous 

You voted for the previously archived idea from @MelanieTristram9636 .

Please vote for this one as well since they haven't been combined yet.

sidaigle
Observer

I also REALLY REALLY WANT THIS !!!!!! 

jwaltersE3PVT
Explorer

Please add this ability!

sidaigle
Observer

I want this!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators