Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Room Bounding Parameter to Railings

Add Room Bounding Parameter to Railings

Add a room bounding parameter to railings. Allows for landings, mezzanines & interconnected floor spaces to be modeled and tagged as rooms without adding room boundary lines to the model.

14 Comments
romanvisio
Contributor

I would like to have Room Bounding checkbox for Railings. It is very helpfully to make balcony or terrace areas. 

Tags (3)
Yien_Chao
Advisor

if it is glasses, i would use a curtain wall instead of railing.

romanvisio
Contributor

Yes, you right. I do the same. But I don`t want to use for it something other. I would like to use railings, exactly. I want to change types (glasses or iron patterns) without lost area.

benhagerman
Enthusiast

IMHO, don't get too caught up on category types, the model will speak for itself. I use different categories regularly, (e.i; Railings for most profile based extrusions).

bill_gilliss
Collaborator

That's what Room Separation Lines are for. Very handy. Use any kind of railing you want, or a line of bushes!

romanvisio
Contributor

Clip2net_190703095215.jpg

Sometimes Room Separation Lines is not working properly, because they glue to the end of walls.

bill_gilliss
Collaborator
You can Hide them and they will still function to define a room.
romanvisio
Contributor

Sure, I can. I told about the correctness of this method. Color fill of this room is not right. And the main thing, what I don't like, is Room Separation Lines every time trying to make my identical Floor Groups to unique.

Anonymous
Not applicable

heloo sir

please i have a problem with my revit version 2020 , when i draw a wall the lines do not appear clearly or appear like a discontinuous line.

can you help me or give me a link or an address to send my question to someone can help . thanks for you comprehension

dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

yassine, you're in the wring forum

This forum's purpose is to suggest ideas to imporve REvit

For general Revit help, I suggest you post on either the Revit Forum.org

https://revitforum.org/forumdisplay.php/2-Architecture-and-General-Revit-Questions

or the Autodesk Revit community page

https://revitforum.org/forumdisplay.php/2-Architecture-and-General-Revit-Questions

alix-hs
Enthusiast

This option is a true emergency !!! Think to people drawing housing and dealing with multiple balcony and terraces !

s.besseling
Observer

why isn't this updated yet?!

e.chausheva
Explorer

The "Room Bounding Parameter to Railings" would be a really helpful tool, so that we won't have to do 'Rooms' by room divider. It will save a lot of trouble, during the period of design and changes.

akabeyss
Explorer

We really need this. For now, We use hundreds of room seperations lines. Please Make a room bounding parameter for railings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators