Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little improvement to text entry

A little improvement to text entry

I have noticed that text input into a note is only possible if the mouse pointer is hovering directly over the text being editied. This can be an irritation as a slight knock of the mouse and the typing is ignored. This behaviour seems inconsistant with most other winodws applications.

I would like text editing to be possible regardless of the mouse position.

8 Comments
kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi, @architects1 ,

Is this specific to all text, or in a particular dialog box?

architects1
Enthusiast

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for the reply.

I have noticed it happening mostly when altering the text in a text note, but it is intermittant. I haven't worked out a pattern yet.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@architects1  I always noticed it in the Properties dialog box (and frankly a pet peeve of mine! 😉). Does this also happen for you?

architects1
Enthusiast

Hi, I have not noticed it happening in the properties dialog particulaly. I really notice it when I am adding annotations and if I do not keep a close eye on my pointer, all the text I am typing just disappears.

dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

This is about the  AutoApply from the Properties box, not Text, but seems related.

There is a way to NOT make the changes in the Properties window until you click the Apply button (or click outside the window)

https://revitforum.org/showthread.php/3945-Properties-Window-Auto-Apply-Disable?p=193523&viewfull=1#...

architects1
Enthusiast

Hi, the issue with the Auto Apply in the properties window is a different matter. I think that the Auto Apply is intentional behavior. The little problem I am talking about is unintentional and intermittant. Nothing happens when the pointer moves away from the text being edited, it just prevents text input until the pointer is moved back over the text

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Ah, yes, @architects1 , thank you for jogging my memory on that Auto Apply gem!

architects1
Enthusiast

Thanks for pointing out the Auto Apply. It's really useful to know that is how it works. I had never fully figured out what triggereed the Auto Apply, i thought it was just timed!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report