Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walls not joining properly with wall base extension

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1847 Views, 12 Replies

Walls not joining properly with wall base extension

I have not been able to get walls to join properly at corners when I use a wall base extension for two unlocked layers (the siding and plywood sheathing of a 2x6 exterior wall) to bring them down past the wall base so they can lap and cover 6 inches of the foundation wall, for instance. I have tried various join methods, butt, miter, and I have also tried this with the layers locked and extending the entire wall down to 6 inches into the top of the foundation wall below and then joining the two so that the wall gets cut and the siding runs past however this also leaves a “gap” at the corner joints. Anybody else run into a similar situation? Is this a Revit glitch or am I doing something wrong?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

post some screenshot or share part of your file so we can check. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thank you for the quick reply. Please see screenshots illustrating the issue.

Message 4 of 13
ennujozlagam

i don't see any screenshot or copy and paste your wall problem into a new file and post it here so we can check. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I replied to the email but I guess the attached images didn't come through. I am now attaching directly to the post on the forum.

Thank you

GS

Message 6 of 13
ennujozlagam

have you try to disallow and allow again join of two walls? thanks

have you try the wrapping setting?

wrapping.JPG

Message 7 of 13
bin
Advisor

Are they on same level with same base constraint?

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: bin

Yes they share the same base and top constraints. Can you duplicate the issue on your end or are you getting different results?

Message 9 of 13
bin
Advisor

I’m pretty it will work without the base wall, maybe do something to the base walls, I’ll have a test after o get out of my bed. 

Message 10 of 13
bin
Advisor
in reply to: bin

11102019.PNG

I had a test and it worked. Maybe upload that corner part.

Message 11 of 13
ToanDN

No issues here.  Annotation 2019-10-10 161522.pngAnnotation 2019-10-10 161540.png

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

I have noted before that sometimes pulling the walls apart and then trimming them back sorts out the problem.

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

So I tried the configuration again from a new project, ground-up, this time using a different sequence of constructing the model: walls first, then roof, then foundation plan, then first and second floor plates, and the wall joins seem to work but ONLY if I use the Join>Miter command instead of Butt or Square Off, which I can live with. Also, it makes a difference if the walls that join at the corner are at the same base constraint; for instance, if one wall is constrained on a foundation wall that has a plate elevation that is higher (or lower) than the plate elevation of the adjoining wall, then even the miter command does not always work for me, unless I manipulate some variables.

Thank you for your input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators