Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walkthrough Video Export Issue

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3778 Views, 5 Replies

Walkthrough Video Export Issue

Hello everyone,

You can see the attached walkthrough video hereby. Does anyone know why is looking like this? I am working on it days now, but I can't find a general solution. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

looks like your computer may not be able to handle exporting the walkthru with highest settings...

check graphics card type/driver

try adjusting walkthru settings to not highest, but one or two levels down

send revit file to me so i can test on my system

dta@reproproducts.com

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 6
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for sharing your walkthrough video with us. Smiley Happy

To check:

• Can you click on the warning symbols (I see three of them) from 00:14 seconds.
  • Also, do you have multiple cameras? Can you send a screenshot of your camera settings?
  • What are the dimensions of the 3D view? 
  • Did you export the .avi in an uncompressed format?

Recommendations to try:

• Please see HERE for Improving AVI video quality of walkthroughs
  • Also see HERE to improve the appearance of a walkthrough that is choppy.
  • See HERE for a similar post on video compressors for exporting walkthrough
  • There is an open source video transcoderwhich you try to compress the video
  • You can try rendering high-quality single images (jpeg, tiff format)and then combine them to video format later using a windows movie maker.

I would be happy to take a look if you would like to post a sample file for troubleshooting. I can share a private folder if you'd like. 

Thank you and we look forward to your reply update.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

*I have provided a link to an application or add-in that MIGHT provide the extra functionality for which you are looking. Please note, however, this is not an Autodesk product or endorsement. You should take all precautions whenever you elect to download/install/utilize any application and do so at your own risk.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Viveka_CD

For quality production I highly recommend using the last method suggested by @Viveka_CD, generating an image sequence rather than direct-to-video; however I'd suggest using a high-quality image format such as PNG or TIFF as JPG is "lossy".  This work process gives you more choices during editing, such as cutting out parts, switching them around, adding pauses, switching back and forth to other image sequences, and so on.  It also frees you to use whatever container and CODEC you want e.g. MPEG-4 with H.264 encoding provided it's supported by the video editor.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 6
k.so

Please help, whenever I exported a walkthrough, it ended up looking like this.

kso_1-1693201525189.png

it splits my screen into 4, then in the middle of the video, it is going back to it's original/normal form. It's kinda frustrating for it takes me hours to export this, just to find out it's not working properly.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Hossein.rezaeiDJ3BL
in reply to: k.so

I have same issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators