Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor Surface Patterns on Level Below

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
sed0704
2193 Views, 8 Replies

Floor Surface Patterns on Level Below

Hi,

Is there a way to make the floor surface patterns on the level below lighter? The same way the lines become lighter when the elements they're associated with are under the view range bottom but within the view depth.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
zemeraloni
in reply to: sed0704

Hi @sed0704

I can think on 2 option:

1. Override graphic to the floor surface pattern you want to adjust. The problem is that you need to repete this in each view.

2. Crate filter which contains floors+level and the control the V/G of the floor pat. Here you can creae a view tamplate with this filter

Good luck 

Message 3 of 9
ToanDN

Adjust Beyond line type to halftone see if it helps.
Message 4 of 9
sed0704
in reply to: ToanDN

The beyond line type is already grey. I see no way to set it to "halftone", and currently it's only affecting color of the element construction lines and isn't affecting the color of the surface pattern lines.

Message 5 of 9
sed0704
in reply to: zemeraloni

Hi @zemeraloni

I ended up doing it using a filter to half-tone all the patterns of the floors on the level below. I hoped it could be done automatically. Thanks for the reply!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

@sed0704 , sorry that I am delayed on this post, could you perhaps explain the process that you used when applying this filter. I am having a similar issue and not quite up to speed on applying filters. your help will be greatly appreciated. 

Message 7 of 9
anthony.grieveson

Sorry for resurecting this post, but did not want to start another for no need.

I too would like to solve this problem.

@sed0704 when you say you used filters, do you mean you set up a separate filter for each plan view?

If so I do not really see this as a very sustainable solution, it results in not being able to use a view template to control any other filters globally for a set of plan views.

Message 8 of 9
sed0704

@anthony.grieveson and @Anonymous (I just saw your message)

Yes, unfortunately using separate filters for floors on each level is the only way I found to be able to do this. As far as I can remember, at least.

You set up a separate filter that includes all the floors for each level, then you apply the filter of the level below to every view that you need it for. In my case I only needed it for a couple of views, but in case you have a lot of levels and views, then using Dynamo to create the filters and apply them to the right views will save you some time.

Using Dynamo would also allow you to apply filters to views in addition to the filters controlled by the view templates, which Revit does not normally allow you to do.

Since this is a Revit not a Dynamo forum, it wouldn't be the place to discuss it in detail in this thread, but you could send me a private message if you need support with the Dynamo part, and I'd be happy to help. Alternatively you could also search on the dynamo forum (https://forum.dynamobim.com/) or post your question there if you don't find exactly what you're looking for.

Message 9 of 9
dfooteYVBCV

My approach was to create a project parameter that I used to designate the respective floor below, and filter out by that parameter. This may prove problematic in projects with greater than 2-3 levels though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators