Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Types of a nested family driven by types of host family

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
simon.jerabek
372 Views, 7 Replies

Types of a nested family driven by types of host family

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a family whose types drive types of a nested family, but somehow the geometry of the nested family does not change, when choosing another type of the host family, see here:
1M = 63x63mm:

simonjerabek_0-1658920834406.png

1,5M = 90x63mm:

simonjerabek_1-1658920904975.png

The nested family keeps its geometry and parameters, even though the host family parameter is set to change it.

I have done this successfully before, so I am really puzzled what I have done wrong. Can a fresh pair of eyes take a look at this? 

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: simon.jerabek

Edit the nested family and change all parameters controlling Geometry from Instance to Type.

Message 3 of 8
simon.jerabek
in reply to: ToanDN

There are no instance parameters in the nested nor the host family.

Message 4 of 8
dyp4f

I tested your family and it looks like that on screen. Is this representation not correct ?

nested family.JPG

Message 5 of 8
simon.jerabek
in reply to: dyp4f

Yes it is a correct representation of the nested family (except for one of them being mirrored for some reason), now I need it to behave like that when driven by the host family.
Message 6 of 8

I don't see an issue with any of the 9 types.  

Soft.png

I can see how one could accidently change the Shared Nested Family ( "EL. Technical frame FUGA (1-1,5-2M) - LK" ) instead of the Parent Family ("Electrical Socket Frame") in the Project.  

Message 7 of 8
ToanDN

Associate the label to the nested family.  It is currently <None>.  See revised family.

ToanDN_0-1658939928476.png

Message 8 of 8
simon.jerabek
in reply to: ToanDN

Oh yes, that was the problem. Works as intended now, thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators