Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

structure or Architecture Floor Layer not Exported in IFC file.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
HiTεsH
840 Views, 5 Replies

structure or Architecture Floor Layer not Exported in IFC file.

Dear Team,

I am working on one of the Road project in Revit 2019. In this project, I have the base aggregate in the road with 3 different layer. In revit we had created 1 floor geometry with 3 different layer in it. This floor is in slope with different elevations and in curved as well. Another issue is we cant create a 3 different floor for different layer because we need to cut the floor at the  both edge for natural slop for the road 

End Goal: Export the IFC with different layer of road. 
we have tried below option but goal is not achieved.
 1) Tried to create a Part in the revit but this option is inactive. since the floor is in slop with different elevation & in curved shape. (Refer Attached Image-1). we have tried below solution but issue not resolve.(https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/ifc-export-structural-core-layers-only/td-p/...)
2) Exported IFC with inbuilt IFC export setup but the result of the export is 1 floor without a layer in it. (Image-2)

do we have any solution for this case? i want the IFC floor with different layer. Please share the best possible solution for this case.

@ToanDN , Please help me out this issue for the project progress.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

You can try to split the floor in parts and see if it works

Message 3 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: HiTεsH

@HiTεsH wrote:

Dear Team,

I am working on one of the Road project in Revit 2019. In this project, I have the base aggregate in the road with 3 different layer. In revit we had created 1 floor geometry with 3 different layer in it. This floor is in slope with different elevations and in curved as well. Another issue is we cant create a 3 different floor for different layer because we need to cut the floor at the  both edge for natural slop for the road 

End Goal: Export the IFC with different layer of road. 
we have tried below option but goal is not achieved.
 1) Tried to create a Part in the revit but this option is inactive. since the floor is in slop with different elevation & in curved shape. (Refer Attached Image-1). we have tried below solution but issue not resolve.(https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/ifc-export-structural-core-layers-only/td-p/...)
2) Exported IFC with inbuilt IFC export setup but the result of the export is 1 floor without a layer in it. (Image-2)

do we have any solution for this case? i want the IFC floor with different layer. Please share the best possible solution for this case.

@ToanDN , Please help me out this issue for the project progress.

It appears you do need to create 3 floors.  I don't understand the statement why you can't quoted above.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

@HiTεsH 

If you can be using Revit 2022 then you can create parts from sloped floors or floors with edited sub-elements.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
HiTεsH
in reply to: ToanDN

okay thanks for the helping....
and happy to hear about this feature has added in revit 2022

Message 6 of 6
RDAOU

@HiTεsH 

Nothing changed in 2022...

Multi Layered floors with modified sub-elements cannot be converted to parts in any version...It works exactly the same as previous versions Floors with modified sub-elements can be converted to parts ONLY if the Floor element consists of ONE/SINGLE layer (SEE GIF 1) . 

That being said, you do NOT NEED to use multiple floor elements. You can use 1 Floor element consisting of 1 Layer/Material >>> Modify its sub elements >>> Convert it to Parts >>> Divide Parts and set material >> Export to IFC (SEE GIF 2)

GIF 1

Subelements parts.gif   

GIF 2

Split Floor1.gif

If you prefer to use multiple floor elements you would need to only split the variable layer and model that as a separate floor element ie: If the built-up section contains 9 layers and only the top is variable you would need only 2 floor element not 10... 1 single + 1 with 8 layers (convert both to parts)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators