Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Rail

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
parkside125
431 Views, 6 Replies

Stair Rail

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how I could flip the stair rail handle so that its facing the right way? It seems to be mounting to the wall correctly but the handle is facing the opposite way.  

phanj_0-1634561243705.png

Tags (3)
Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RDAOU
in reply to: parkside125

@parkside125 

Tab select the Hand rail and use the Flip Arrows

RDAOU_0-1634568378735.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 7
barthbradley

Actually, I think flip will reverse the support as well.  Instead, Edit Rail and reverse the arrow by tapping on it.  

Support1018.png

Supports 1018-1.pngSupports 1018-2.png

Message 4 of 7
parkside125
in reply to: RDAOU

Thanks for your suggestion. When I flip it, the mounting flips but the handle still remains in the same place. 

phanj_0-1634594379514.png

Message 5 of 7
parkside125
in reply to: barthbradley

Hi thank you for your help. I tried both your suggestions, flipping it with the arrow and going into editing mode too but the handle remains the same in both cases 

phanj_0-1634594501795.png

Message 6 of 7
Lachlan-JWP

How did you make the handrail? Is the wall return an extension, termination, or part of the handrail path?

Message 7 of 7
RDAOU

@parkside125 

Seems to work fine here...Ways may differ depending on how you have set it up...IF the flip arrows wont work at your end, try the following 

Option 1:

1. Edit Rail
  2. Change position of the handrail Right/Left

rail.gif

Option 2:

Alternatively, you can do the following too

1. select the wall supports (Hover cursor over and use TAB to select)
  2. Right Click 
  3. select Flip Support

rail A.gif

You can always attach the rail to a post and someone can have a look at it 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators