Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit stairs

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Geoffrey.Denie
404 Views, 8 Replies

revit stairs

Hi everybody, 

Im trying to model a certain kind of stair. Should be fairly simple but so far I can't seem to do it. Thats why im looking for some tips or guideline's. 

Image of the stair in attachment. 

thanks

best regards

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

What kind of tips? As you said, it's a fairly simple construct.  If you are modeling it in a Project, Stairs and Railing tools will get you 99% there. 

Stair 1115.png

Message 3 of 9

I dont know how to extend the top tread. 

thanks

Message 4 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Geoffrey.Denie

Draw it as a top landing by Sketch.

Message 5 of 9
Geoffrey.Denie
in reply to: ToanDN

thanks, but now the side's are in one length while I want them to corner like in the example. 

Stair 1115.pngKnipsel3.JPG

Message 6 of 9
ToanDN

@Geoffrey.Denie wrote:

thanks, but now the side's are in one length while I want them to corner like in the example. 

Edit Stair Type > Edit Support types > Play with Structural Depths

ToanDN_0-1668615803877.png

Message 7 of 9
Geoffrey.Denie

only structural depth on run change's but when I change the value of structural depth on Landing nothing change's. I've tried different combinations. 

Message 8 of 9
ToanDN

@Geoffrey.Denie wrote:

only structural depth on run change's but when I change the value of structural depth on Landing nothing change's. I've tried different combinations. 

Share the model and indicate where you want the beam on an elevation view with drafting lines.

Message 9 of 9
Geoffrey.Denie

I decided to model it seperate with beams and in place family since the revit stair family is very cumbersone to work with and to get things exactly like I want. 

thanks for the replies, very much appreciated. 

best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators