Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove time from date/time stamp in titleblock REVISITED

59 REPLIES 59
SOLVED
Message 1 of 60
jledgewood409
40869 Views, 59 Replies

remove time from date/time stamp in titleblock REVISITED

I know this topic was brought up in the past. and I believe the solution worked for windows xp.

now that we are in windows 7 and above I would like to know how to remove the time portion from the "date/time stamp" that in the titleblock?

revit 2015

59 REPLIES 59
Message 41 of 60
emodderman
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm very curious about this solution... It does not always return the correct date! I've tried it across multiple versions and templates and only in one instance has it returned the correct date. Sometimes the date is as old as 2005 or 2012 with different files or templates.
Message 42 of 60
emodderman
in reply to: emodderman

nevermind. i actually read all 3 pages of the posts and i understand the issue.
Message 43 of 60
eramoy
in reply to: emodderman

But you're right; the answers offered shouldn't be marked as solutions.

• @Anonymous 's answer requires manually entering a text date on each sheet; it's not BIM. It's very likely to return an answer that is wrong if it is not updated religiously.
  • @Anonymous 's answer returns a seemingly random date. I just tested it in 2022 and it gave me a date in 2018.
  • @jledgewood409 's answer requires adjusting Windows settings, and in my office it caused problems in other applications. A solution within Revit is needed.

The best solution I've found so far is to just convince my bosses that it's ok to show the second that the sheet was printed. We have bigger fish to fry. 

Message 44 of 60
RobDraw
in reply to: eramoy

@eramoy wrote:

the answers offered shouldn't be marked as solutions.

Just because they don't work for you doesn't mean that they aren't legitimate solutions.

This forum has no criteria for marking answers as solutions. They don't have to work for everyone. The person marking them gets to choose that criteria. Sometimes a post marked as a solution is saying that there is no solution. Often times, the best solutions are never marked. It is totally up to the OP and sometimes the moderators to mark solutions. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 45 of 60
eramoy
in reply to: RobDraw

Understood. I hope someone marks my "convince your bosses to accept it" answer as a solution then.
Message 46 of 60
RobDraw
in reply to: eramoy

I've tried suggesting that many times. It's hardly ever accepted, either by the OP or the boss. The usual response is something like, "It has always been done that way, we need to be able to do it." or "It should be an easy fix. Autodesk needs to fix it."

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 47 of 60
ay_dmagill
in reply to: jledgewood409

edit: Replied to the wrong comment, apparently.

Message 48 of 60
ay_dmagill
in reply to: RobDraw

"It should be an easy fix. Autodesk needs to fix it."

Preach on! I agree with them. I also get tired of that response, when I explain what is, and is not, currently possible with Revit.

Message 49 of 60
cba2KUJ4

How do you open the calculated value?

Message 50 of 60
cba2KUJ4

How do you open calculated time
Message 51 of 60
LcullenMKK37

EDIT: I tried this solution  (Adding a function showing the date/Time Stamp as a text) and it seemed to default to the date the sheet was created (which is a random thing to latch onto) and cannot be adjusted.
This is not the way.  My apologies.

Message 52 of 60
ToanDN
in reply to: jseltzer

ToanDN_0-1690496797485.png

ToanDN_0-1689379218164.png

ToanDN_2-1689379265443.png

Message 53 of 60

I came here looking for a solution as to why the Date/Time stamp doesn't allow a prefix or suffix, and learnt quite a few new idiosyncrasies about Revit, labels, and formulae. I found the thread humorous, and then realised that I have reached the 5th stage. Reading through the thread you can see all 5 stages of grief; denial (its not Revit it is you), anger (we had this in AutoCAD last century), bargaining (AutoDesk should fix this to keep paying customers), depression :(, and acceptance (use Dynamo).

Message 54 of 60
ToanDN
in reply to: MichaelWarwick7522

@MichaelWarwick7522 wrote:

I came here looking for ... I found the thread humorous, and then realised that I have reached the 5th stage. (use Dynamo).

So it is safe to say that you came looking for copper but found gold.

Message 55 of 60
james

This is an unacceptable answer as changing the date & time settings in windows impacts other software.  

Message 56 of 60
james

Interesting.  tried this and the date is showing "07/31/18" even though today's date is 9/6/23.  A label with the actual default Date/Time Stamp parameter reports correct date (and bloody f-ing time!) What the heck??

Ok, really weird, but I see the new DATE ONLY STAMP is reporting the historic date of 07/31/18 on all existing sheets in a project when the titleblock with the DATE ONLY STAMP is reloaded, but if I create a NEW sheet with the same titleblock, the DATE ONLY STAMP reports the correct date- how is that even possible?

Message 57 of 60
james
in reply to: james

How is this possible?  See attached title block family with the DATE ONLY STAMP label.  If I load this into an existing project the label incorrectly reports a historic date, but if a new sheet is created in the project using the same title block family and type then the label reports the correct date?  The formula for the label is [Date/Time Stamp], so how can it report different values on different sheets? 

Just tried it with another project and the date label is still reporting a historic date, but a different date than the first project I reloaded the title block into.  Where could it be pulling this incorrect date from?  New sheets with the new title block are still reporting the correct date, but this is an unacceptable solution without it working on existing sheets.

Message 58 of 60
kl_nordic
in reply to: james

I've developed a solution that has been working in the office for a few months now. 

It's maybe not perfect, but elegant enough, does the job reliably and is 100% stable. 

1 - In title block Family create the Date/Time Stamp Label.

2 - Drag the controls of that Label narrower, so that Date and Time split into two lines. Date is not on top, Time below that.

3 - Create a new Tag Label Tag, the same Type Properties as the one in in first step, but give it Color, that is just off white. Say 254,255,255.

4 - Can you see the solution already? Yes - Create an Instance of that off white label, where the second line of the normal label is in position and Horizontal Align value that will cover up the Time. The time from the white label covers up the time from the black label, while the white date is not visible - white text on white paper.

As you can see, while neither the Filled Region or the Masking Region actually masked the Tag, another tag, that is created later, will.

Message 59 of 60
gsucci

nevermind thank you

Message 60 of 60
gsucci

I was not looking at the whole thread...

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report