Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove time from date/time stamp in titleblock REVISITED

57 REPLIES 57
SOLVED
Message 1 of 58
jledgewood409
37048 Views, 57 Replies

remove time from date/time stamp in titleblock REVISITED

I know this topic was brought up in the past. and I believe the solution worked for windows xp.

now that we are in windows 7 and above I would like to know how to remove the time portion from the "date/time stamp" that in the titleblock?

revit 2015

57 REPLIES 57
Message 2 of 58
franzman
in reply to: jledgewood409

hi! i don't think this is possible without tweaking your operating systems time format in control panel, which the Label date/time stamp references to. I believe this isn't what revit intends as possible being as the name implies (date and TIME). You may try other MANUAL alternatives such as Project Issue Date, Sheet Issue Date or other label fields that needs manual input. but I hope future versions would easily include different formats like in autocad.

Message 3 of 58
jledgewood409
in reply to: franzman

I went into the windows time/ date and altered it there. it then reflected the change in revit

Message 4 of 58

Can you give more details how did you altere time format in windows?

Thanks

Message 5 of 58

in windows 7 you go to control panel, clock language and region, date and time, change date and time, change calendar settings. from there go to the Date tab & under Date Formats you can make the adjustments.

Message 6 of 58

Ledge by doing this you have SUCCESSFULLY removed the time from appearing on a title block sheet??? 

Message 7 of 58

I thought my solution worked. we are now in windows 10 and I just realized that the time shows up in our titleblock under the date&time stamp. I tried to follow my own steps to trace back what I did for windows 7 and I cannot figure out how to remove the time in the timestamp. so I was unable to replicate what I achieved in windows 7

Message 8 of 58
ToanDN

Still works in Windows 10.

You just need to bring up the Customize Format window, replace the Long time box with a space.  OK your way out and click on a title block to see the change.

Capture.PNG

Message 9 of 58
casquatch
in reply to: ToanDN

This only happens when the formatting is saved and applied in Windows, correct? Like I can't change the format in Windows, create the label and save the file, then change the Windows formatting back. It will just follow Windows formatting at the time you are loading in the titleblock family or using it.

That's what I'm seeing on my end anyway, it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix. Just want to verify.

Message 10 of 58
KmeArch

Is there a way to disassociate Revit from using Windows' time setting, or override it only for the sheet / label?

After changing the "long time" parameter in the Windows setting, the time on my desktop task bar has also vanished.

Is there a better work around for this?

Message 11 of 58
ToanDN
in reply to: KmeArch

I ma not sure.  But I thought the taskbar always shows short time.

Capture.PNG

Message 12 of 58
KmeArch

Strange... my computer appears to be using long time, (it is windows 7, by the way).

Although it still has the same affect on Revit.

Might be a better question for Microsoft at this point....

.Time Test.png

Message 13 of 58
maxime.tracol
in reply to: KmeArch

Hi everyone,

I just tried to apply your solution but Windows 7 doesn't let me to replace the long date by a space in Date format. When I click on Apply, it just ignore the modification. And I can't modify the example at all, I can't delete it.

Any ideas about what's happening?

Thank you!

Message 14 of 58
KmeArch
in reply to: maxime.tracol

I am not sure what you have tried already but,

make sure you are editing the Time Formats > Long Time: dialogue box, not the Examples since that is not editable.

(refer to the screen shots in the previous message).

Message 15 of 58

You could change the parameter to 'sheet issue date' it removes the time stamp.

It's what i did to solve this issue, it works out fine.

Message 16 of 58
i.wasak
in reply to: brendan.byrne

Great! Thank's, that solves the problem.

Message 17 of 58
secilcanbay

Hi there,

try this Dynamo script, which will get rid of hours from the time stamp! You just need to change the parameter which reads the date, to any editable text parameter and use that parameter in the code block (in my  case I used default 'drawn by' parameter.) Also don't forget to change the sheet family name and type.

sheet date.JPGTIME STAMP WITHOUT HOURS.png

Message 18 of 58

This worked for me, thanks to those who posted the changing time and date fix. I do however have to ask, are you kidding me?? Feels like we are back in the 90s with this fix, set my date back a year to avoid the millennium bug

Message 19 of 58
jshi57ECC

Better Solution - using Revit's own idiosyncrasies (no windows, no dynamo)

Revit 2019.2

Create custom calculated value, under formula reference [date/time stamp]. For some reason time gets culled:

Revit-Date Only1.PNGRevit-Date Only2.PNG

Message 20 of 58
eramoy

This broke the formula on my office's excel timecard. So I'd still like to see a solution within Revit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report