Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center Justification of Balusters in a Railing Segment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1387 Views, 5 Replies

Center Justification of Balusters in a Railing Segment

I'm having difficulty with a baluster pattern that is center justified on a railing segment.  Sometimes the baluster itself will be centered on the railing segment and sometimes the space between two balusters will be centered on the railing segment.  This behavior is dependent on baluster spacing and railing segment length.  For instance, on two different railing segment lengths, the same baluster spacing yields both centered balusters and centered spaces.  If I change the baluster spacing, it can produce centered balusters or centered spaces on different railing segments.  There appears to be no consistency.  What's going on?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hmunsell
in reply to: Anonymous

can you post the railing/model for us to look at?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

Sorry; hard to follow. Are you asking in general or about a specific railing you've got?  

In general...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Revi...

or..post a file with the your rail type.  

Message 4 of 6
ToanDN

Revit will choose to center [the middle baluster] or [the space between the two middle balusters] to keep the gaps at the start and end end of the railing as close as the typical gap defined in the railing as possible.
Message 5 of 6
barthbradley
in reply to: barthbradley

Center places the baluster pattern at the center.  Not the baluster.  

Message 6 of 6
mccoolj

Yep, I know exactly what you mean, Anonymous. Unfortunately, stairs and railings in Revit are still nothing but a cruel prank on the users even after all these years. Why? Because Autodesk actually hates its users and gets secret enjoyment from seeing them miserable, banging their heads against their collective walls in a symphony of frustration. Unfortunately, it took about 10 years of pleading to get basic text formatting functionality, so I will probably long be in the grave before I see Revit rewrite their stair/railing routines to actually be usable for anything beyond the rough sketch stage...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report