Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point cloud coordinate

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
qchenTPPXV
200 Views, 4 Replies

Point cloud coordinate

Greeting,

I have a question about point cloud coordinate setting. Do you know how to set the coordinate for point cloud before importing to Revit using "shared coordinate"

The reason for that is I want to import Civil 3D file and point cloud in the same coordinate system and compare the difference.

Any help would be appreciate.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: qchenTPPXV

You'll need a common coordinate point.  Can you readily identify a point in the Point Cloud RCP that is a point in the Civil 3D DWG? 

Message 3 of 5
qchenTPPXV
in reply to: barthbradley

Yes, I can. But I like to compare the difference and find out the accuracy for the point cloud that is from the drone map.
Message 4 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: qchenTPPXV

@qchenTPPXV wrote:
Yes, I can. But I like to compare the difference and find out the accuracy for the point cloud that is from the drone map.

You want to compare them in Revit? Well then, insert the Point Cloud into a New Project. Positioning doesn't matter.  Then use Specify Coordinates at Point tool and pick that xyz coordinate point in the  Point Cloud.  Then insert the DWG via Shared Coordinates.  The xyz coordinate point in the DWG should be in the exact same location as the xyz coordinate point in the Point Cloud. 

Message 5 of 5
qchenTPPXV
in reply to: barthbradley

Thank you for getting back to me. Do I need to set a point in the point cloud in order to pick a point before I import point cloud?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators