Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path of Travel Lines

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
JGuliker
4730 Views, 19 Replies

Path of Travel Lines

Path of Travel lines is a good start to a great addition but it needs some work......Unless I'm missing something.

1. There needs to be an option to not consider overhead doors.

2. There needs to be an option where the path follows walls (a specific distance from the wall) to the nearest exit door.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
ennujozlagam
in reply to: JGuliker

hello, are you referring to this see LINK. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 20
barthbradley

Message 4 of 20
JGuliker
in reply to: ennujozlagam

That video does show the new "Path of Travel" option. I've attached a screenshot of what I would like to see changed.Path of TravelPath of Travel

Message 5 of 20
barthbradley

Try this: In the OH Door Family, make the Geometry not Visible in Plan/RCP, and use a Detail for door representation in Plan/RCP.  

...is the OH Door actually a Door Family.  Is their a nested Family in it?  

Message 6 of 20
ToanDN

Change the overhead door to Generic category and set it as an obstacle category.
Message 7 of 20
JGuliker
in reply to: ToanDN

Changing the door to another category would make the door schedules incorrect. That is not an option. 

Message 8 of 20
JGuliker
in reply to: barthbradley

the overhead door is an actual door family. There are no families nested in it. 

Message 9 of 20
barthbradley

@JGuliker wrote:

Changing the door to another category would make the door schedules incorrect. That is not an option. 

We just had a similar thread earlier today.  Changing the Visibility of the Geometry resolved in that case.  

Refr: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/path-of-travel-unable-to-treat-door-as-obsta...

Message 10 of 20
ToanDN

See attached.

Annotation 2019-04-22 201632.png

Message 11 of 20
barthbradley

What did you do? 

Message 12 of 20
barthbradley

@ToanDN: Bạn đã làm gì?  

Message 13 of 20
ToanDN

@barthbradley wrote:

What did you do? 

I nested a shared generic family in the door family.

Message 14 of 20
JGuliker

I see that you nested a non door family into that overhead door family which does work. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Now the only thing left is to have the travel path follow walls. Maybe that is something autodesk can add in future updates. 

Message 15 of 20
barthbradley

Seems I can ignore Overhead Doors by simply unchecking one box in Route Analysis Settings.   

All doors shown here are OOTB:

POT1.pngPOT2.png

Message 16 of 20
JGuliker

@barthbradley That does seem to work but then it ignores all there other categories as well. Then Columns would also be ignored. 

Message 17 of 20
barthbradley

Yep, I discovered the same thing as I played around a little more with this new tool.  I trying to figure out the intelligence behind it, but every new discovery I make about it, seems to confound me even more.  Smiley Frustrated  

Message 18 of 20
murray_adam

What is your desire to have the path of travel follow walls in parallel? I think I know the answer in that it is the way we are used to identifying these travel distances - but I checked code. In both the IBC and NFPA 101 (2 primary codes I deal with) there is no mention of requiring the travel distances to be orthognal (or parallel) to the partitions. Granted, this gets into the realm of "as a crow flies" distance calculation but this is not prohibited by code.

Granted, there my be some code officials out there who would tell me to go fly a kite and to show the path of travel "the way it's always been done" 😕

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous

I'm having troubles with the path of travel. I'm getting an error when I want do let it pass through a curtain wall door.

Any suggestions?

I've checked the family. and it is a door family.

Message 20 of 20
Sahay_R
in reply to: Anonymous

Check Curtain Panels in the Route Analysis Settings dialog box - but then it just might go through other panels in the curtain wall. 

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators