Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add automatic DATE stamp to Plans

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
10967 Views, 9 Replies

Add automatic DATE stamp to Plans

Good morning,

How do I add Automatic DD/MM/YYYY Date to the Plans?

I tried to use Date/Time Stamp and delete the Time, but I followed the steps from some previous questions and it doesn't work for me.

I tried to use Sheet Issue Date, but I can only achieve the DD/MM/YYYY by writing it myself.

Any help?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mpomav
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

This has been solved here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/remove-time-from-date-time-stamp-in-titleblo...

You need to change your Time/Date Settings, in the windows Control Panel, replacing the long time format to space, that way it wont show on your sheet

have a great Day!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: mpomav

As I said before, I already looked at this question you linked.

Thank you, but I can't use that. I am on a computer which isn't mine.  Is there any other way? 

Message 4 of 10
Sahay_R

open your titleblock family.

Create>>Label

There should be a built-in Date/Time Stamp parameter.

Capture.PNG

Accept the changes. Reload the family. This is what you will see on your sheet.

Capture.PNG

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Create an mtext box, then go to Text Editor tab. Find Field in the Insert panel and click on this. You will then find Field Category and select Date & Time. Select Date within Field Names and select 12/14/2017 in Examples. Now you're good, press Ok.

This method gives you many many options for both data and time or just date or just time (without using the rtext command). This is an easy way to get any stamp into your drawing.

Have a good one,

Message 6 of 10
loboarch

@Anonymous wrote:

Create an mtext box, then go to Text Editor tab. Find Field in the Insert panel and click on this. You will then find Field Category and select Date & Time. Select Date within Field Names and select 12/14/2017 in Examples. Now you're good, press Ok.

This method gives you many many options for both data and time or just date or just time (without using the rtext command). This is an easy way to get any stamp into your drawing.

Have a good one,

This sounds like a solution for AutoCAD NOT Revit. There are no MTEXT boxes in Revit and you can't insert fields like this either.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 10
johanwall

It's 2019 and I'm still looking for a simple way to automatically update text field with the current date. The "solution" in the thread @mpomav referred to works, but it's a workaround which is semi-automatic and not full-automatic.

The AutoCAD feature with mtext + date field (which @Anonymousreferred to) works great and should be implemented in Revit too! In my work I always automate as much as I can and the absence of this feature interrupts the automation process.

J. Wall

Architect

www.johanwall.com

Message 8 of 10
Corsten.Au
in reply to: johanwall

Hi...

If you are a techie /  or someone who can help then try this..

1. Create a script... to generate an Image ( example date.jpg)

2. that image should be created daily ( automatic) using the script

3. you need someone to code that for you, so that script saves that " date.jpg " images at particular location...

Now, in Revit Template. link that " date.jpg" file.. 

so whenever you open a new project, that jpg file gets updated, which updates the DATE automatically..

Its just like  a jpg, of Company logo.. save at particular location.. but in this case that image needs

to be updated everyday....

am not a coder, but am gonna give this challenge to few Coders in IT community...

those codes will look something like this..

function cretecurrentdate
{
        now=$(date +"%m_%d_%Y");
        mkdir -p /Revit/Date/"Image"/$now &&
        mv *.JPG *.jpg /Revit/Date/"Image "/$now
}

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 9 of 10
kherrman

Any further information on this? I would like to have the ability to have a date on my progress set label in the titleblock that updates automatically. 

Message 10 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: kherrman

@kherrman wrote:

Any further information on this? I would like to have the ability to have a date on my progress set label in the titleblock that updates automatically. 

Use Timestamp for the label.  Edit Windows Region Formats.

ToanDN_0-1690496749007.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators