Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Takeoff Schedule to show Basic Wall Assembly

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
daniel.jolivet
1168 Views, 19 Replies

Material Takeoff Schedule to show Basic Wall Assembly

Working in Revit 2021:

I am trying to use the material takeoff schedule tool to create a construction assembly for each wall type.  I have most of it working, but noticed that multiples of materials in the assembly are only showing up once.  See screenshot: 

danieljolivet_0-1657225708782.png

I have the "Itemize Every Instance" box checked in the sorting/grouping window, but that does not seem to make a difference: 

danieljolivet_1-1657225941446.png

The only workaround I have been able to come up with is to make a new material for where I have double layers in the assembly and use the comment section to describe the intent, but this does not solve when I have separate layers of the same material (on either side of a typ stud gwb for instance only one layer of gwb shows up).  

Would it really be too hard for Revit to just give me this exact information as a schedule as I created the project walls?

danieljolivet_3-1657226439608.png

@ToanDN - your solutions have saved me before.

Labels (3)
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
ToanDN
in reply to: daniel.jolivet

Create Parts and schedule Parts.

Message 3 of 20

Duplicate Material: Marks?  Filter?  

Message 4 of 20

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.  I have done as @ToanDN  recommended, but I now see that the only material information available in the Parts schedule is the title of the material.  Is there a way to pull the takeoff material schedule fields into the parts schedule?   

Further: is there a way of indicating the "layer" number as a field as shown in the edit assembly window?  

Thank you @barthbradley for also looking at this.

Cheers.

Message 5 of 20

I am not sure how to do what you are suggesting.

Message 6 of 20

@daniel.jolivet wrote:

I am not sure how to do what you are suggesting.

My understanding is that the MTO was inaccurate. I would immediately suspect a Filter is the culprit if it were me.  Maybe I misunderstood.  Dunno. But Wall MTOs are pretty fool-proof.  

WallMTO.png

Message 7 of 20

I see, thank you @Anonymous. I will check the filters again and restart the program to make sure its not some gremlin.
Message 8 of 20

Just to be clear, I'm talking about schedule filters.  

WallMTOFilter.png

Message 9 of 20

Yes, thank you, that is where I am looking.

Would you do me a quick favour and try adding a couple layers of GWB to your assembly and then showing that the schedule shows the multiple layers on your schedule? It seems like a simple thing that is just not working for me.
Message 10 of 20
ToanDN

@daniel.jolivet wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.  I have done as @ToanDN  recommended, but I now see that the only material information available in the Parts schedule is the title of the material.  Is there a way to pull the takeoff material schedule fields into the parts schedule?   

Further: is there a way of indicating the "layer" number as a field as shown in the edit assembly window?  

Thank you @barthbradley for also looking at this.

Cheers.

ToanDN_3-1657235780726.png

ToanDN_4-1657235815104.png

Message 11 of 20

Message 12 of 20
daniel.jolivet
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN thank you!  I see that I was using the Parts schedule, not the Material Takeoff Parts schedule.  

Update: I do not have the option for a Layer Index Field:

danieljolivet_0-1657236481196.png

Thank you.

Message 13 of 20
ToanDN

@daniel.jolivet wrote:

@ToanDN thank you!  I see that I was using the Parts schedule, not the Material Takeoff Parts schedule.  

Update: I do not have the option for a Layer Index Field:

Thank you.

I use 2022, which version you are using?  By the way you don't need it because the schedule still shows separate layers of the same material.

ToanDN_0-1657236763174.png

Message 14 of 20
daniel.jolivet

I am using Revit 2021, this might be the difference.

Even when I just do the Multi Category Material Takeoff I do not see Layer Index as an optional Field.

danieljolivet_0-1657237051217.png

Message 15 of 20
ToanDN

@daniel.jolivet wrote:

I am using Revit 2021, this might be the difference.

Even when I just do the Multi Category Material Takeoff I do not see Layer Index as an optional Field.

Don't worry about it then.  You don't need it.

Message 16 of 20

What do you mean by Layer Index?  

Schedules count things.  Layer Index not a "thing" in Revit.   

Message 17 of 20

clipped from @ToanDN above:

danieljolivet_0-1657237489974.png

Cheers.

Message 18 of 20

My bad.  Not following the discussion too well. I see now you are talking about Parts.  Sorry about that Chief.   

Message 19 of 20

No worries, I am learning here.
Thank you!
Message 20 of 20
daniel.jolivet

Thanks for the support, I will run with this for now.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators