Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making an Electrical system

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
579 Views, 18 Replies

Making an Electrical system

Good Morning,

My firm is an Arch/eng collaboration.  We recently created an Architectural template in Revit 2014 and we are trying to have all trades work in a single model.  Everything has worked out very well, with ALOT of communication. but when it comes to electrical we cannot set up a system. There is no way that you can insert or load, to any of our knowedge, a panel schedule.  Without a panel schedule you cannot create and curcuitry and hence no Electrical system.

I have looked through alot of these forums and found that if you have a preium design suite it should be possible.  Does anybody know the process for making it work.  Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

there is no panel schedule as you normally think in Revit.  There are Panel schedule templates (default) to use.  Insert a panel, then select it.  In the contextual tab, choose create panel schedule.  This will make revit create a panel schedule based upon the default panel schedule.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

Thank you Danz Ta,

That allows me to have a panel schedule, but I still cannot chose a panel for my circuits to propagate the panel schedule

Message 4 of 19
dzanta

you need to create your electrical system (i.e. light system) first.

once created, you can assign the system to that actual panel.

the panel schedule will propogate with data afterwards

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous

I have already created the Electrical System, but when I select a Panel, there is no panels in the dropdown dialog box.  All the panels are set to the correct voltage, as well as the electrical and lighting fixtures.

Message 6 of 19
dzanta

strange...if there are electrical panel families already loaded and inserted somewhere in your revit project, it should show up in the list of available panels to choose from unless it is already assigned to a different system.  Double check by using the System Browser Panel (View Tab, User Interface, check System Browser)

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous

Everything is in a system, but none assigned it's weird. I even took out everything and used basic Revit Families after a purge. Looks like I'm doing it in excel. Lol

Message 8 of 19
dzanta

can you send me the revit file so I can look at it?

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

it will not allow me to email or post, the file is too big.  I sent you a link to dropbox

Message 10 of 19
dzanta

if you give me your email address, I can send you a link to my dropbox temp folder.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous

jdkillian@wdgnola.com

Message 12 of 19
dzanta

link sent...

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

I have it uploaded

Message 14 of 19
dzanta

i have your revit model open, what electrical system do you want me to look at and what electrical panel do you want me to look at to ensure the system is created properly so I can tie the electrical panel back to it?

I am running revit 2016 fyi.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous

Either the lighting to LDP, or the receptacles to LDP.  Both do not work, but I figure they both have the same issue. I only have up to Revit 2015, and the job is in 2014.

Message 16 of 19
dzanta

The reason you cannot create a system and tie it back to the electrical panel is because the voltage on the panel does not match the distribution system.  Once this is changed, you can assign the electrical panel to the distribution system you want.  After that, you can assign the electrical panel to the light fixture system.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 17 of 19
dzanta

you will also need to make sure that the connector on the panel can accommodate the distribution system you created.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

It's working now.  It would not let me create a distribution system yesterday.  I guess you cannot do it until you you adjust the power connection.  I thought they were already set in the family. I did not know i had to go into the family and adjust them before I can make a distribution system. 

Thank you very much for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Message 19 of 19
dzanta

anytime

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report