Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUSTOM RAILING

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
581 Views, 3 Replies

CUSTOM RAILING

I'm creating a custom railing with perforated panels and before I get started I would like a little advice about which way is the best way to do this. I have looked at videos on adaptive components, masses, and model in place components. I tried to do out of box railing, but I can not get the balusters to be equally spaced due to all the different lengths. I know how to create the panels now and have modeled them in a model in place component. I think if it would work in this situation that adaptive component would be ideal, but not sure if it would work for this stair.

Also I don't understand the difference between creating a mass vs model in place component other than the fact that a in place component has a catagory name?

Please see the attached jpeg for the stair in question.

Thanks,

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

have you tried using the default glass panel railing family within a project and switching the glass panel family with your custom panel family?

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

I did not try using the glass panel railing system, but it sounds like it would have some possiblities. I dont think it would work for getting the balusters centered in each different condition though. 

Thanks for your reply though. I know custom railing are a hard thing in revit from what I have read. I would just like to know what would be the most proficient way without creating to large of a file?

Message 4 of 4
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

another way to look at your possible solution:

1.  create a glass wall that is 42" high or whatever height you want to act as a glass railing

2.  create a generic family that looks like a baluster that is wall based with an opening within to cut the wall as you insert it (just like a door or window family)

3.  load the "baluster" into your project and insert it in the glass wall as many times as you want, where you want

result....

glass railing with baluster

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators