Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC conversions of assemblies

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
teemu.kangasmakiRSGGS
1723 Views, 5 Replies

IFC conversions of assemblies

We are developing our own bathroom pods in co-operation with our supplier. My idea is to make this pod as an assemble and deliver these assemblies for our designer to use in actual projects. Now that we operate via open BIM standards I have some issues with exported IFC:s.

When our architect uses these assemblies in actual project, all of these included assemblies have similar building story in IFC despite the fact that assemblies are in appointed levels in Revit. I´ve replicated this issue by inserting pre-made assembly in one level, then copied to others by "aligned to selected levels" function and the result can be seen in attachments.

Do you have any ideas how to work with this kind of issue? We, as a general contractor have the need to estimate quantities of every countable items and schedule those items per building stories. With this kind of result we have problems ahead.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Something similar came up recently. Check out THIS and THIS thread and see if it can work for you.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the links to referring discussions.

I added a project parameter IfcSpatialContainer and as a Type of Parameter: Text and Group parameter under: IFC Parameters. With this enrichment I filled the names of the building storeys to pre-made assemblies - nothing happened, still the same. I tried to assign the IfcSpatialContainer also to the sub-components of the assemblies. Still nothing.

Is there something that I must do in IFC export settings?

Message 4 of 6

Have you the IFC20xx addin installed?

Otherwise upload a small example of what you have in Revit and we can have a look.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 6

Yes, I have the addin installed but I couldn´t get it to work on Revit 2018 BUT it worked instantly with Revit 2019.

I think that we´ll manage with this solution and promote our designers to use updated versions of Revit. Thank you for this solution!

Message 6 of 6

Only one POD or Assembly by itself can be exported and become a one element group.

RVT file with multiple assemblies will export them as parts (ungrouped)

Once the Assembly is created, open a 3D View to export to IFC. Go to File > Export > IFC to export the model. Model elements part of an Assembly are going to get exported as one element.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators