Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF Statement from a Shared Parameter - Tile Blocks

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mark.donkin
401 Views, 2 Replies

IF Statement from a Shared Parameter - Tile Blocks

Before I go too far down the rabbit hole i'm would like to check if the following is possible. 

Not everyone in the business currently understand the ISO19650 Status codes so I want to put a small description of what the status code means at the bottom of each titleblock Sheet. 

The drawing can only be a number of Status's eg. S0, S3, A4, A5 etc. I want to create a lookup formula that looks for the two digit status in one shared Instance parameter and then displays the description of that status in a different parameter e.g.:

ISO19650_Status = S0

ISO19650_Status_Definition = IF (ISO19650_Status = S0 THEN "Work In Progress), IF (ISO19650_Status = S3 THEN "Suitable for Review & Comment") etc... I know the syntax is incorrect at this point.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: mark.donkin

You cannot use any text parameter to drive a formula. It could work if you use a number or integer parameter: 0, 1, 2... instead of S0, S1, S2... then add S as a prefix to the label.
Message 3 of 3
mark.donkin
in reply to: ToanDN

Ok thanks for getting back to me that has saved me some considerable time. I may be able to work a solution using your tip.

Cheers

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators