Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Export user defined property set - Problem with special characters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
594 Views, 3 Replies

IFC Export user defined property set - Problem with special characters

Hello,

I'm having some problems making my own property set for ifc exports.

Everything works as it should, but when it comes to Revit parameters with one of the swedish characters "åäö" in them I'm having problems.

For example: I want the parameter "Hängning" to become HingeSide in my ifc export so it should be like this in my txt file "HingeSide (tab) Text (tab) Hängning", but my ifc export shows up empty. If I change the parameter "Hängning" to for example "test" it works.

Is there any workaround regarding this. We got plenty of parameters with "åäö" in them and it would take a lot of time to rename all these.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

An update if anyone else is experience this problem.

I've been in contact with Autodesk regarding this and they've escalated the problem to the developer team.

See this KB article regarding updates: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Message 3 of 4
MNLI

Hi!

Im experiencing the exact problem.

Did you by any chance come across a solution for this?

Thanks 🙂 

Message 4 of 4
MNLI

Hi!

I found a solution that works for me.

When saving the property set definition be sure to save the file with UTF-8 encoding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report