Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't place room tag

34 REPLIES 34
SOLVED
Message 1 of 35
emmanuelbee
6792 Views, 34 Replies

Can't place room tag

I'm trying to place a room tag but i keep getting the usual 'None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: Proposed Ground Floor Plan- GA View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings. 

I've checked visibility Graphics, Rooms are not hidden, all my other room tags are visible so I don't know why its giving me this error message for this specific room

34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
ToanDN
in reply to: emmanuelbee

Which room are we talking about here?

Capture.PNG

Message 22 of 35
barthbradley

@emmanuelbee wrote:

...when i try to delete the room it won't delete

it won't delete from a schedule? 

Message 23 of 35
emmanuelbee
in reply to: barthbradley

strange thing is the room doesn't exist in schedules I deleted in schedules and tried to create another room but it didn't work

Message 24 of 35
emmanuelbee

i had a linked structural revit model which i had to amend to suit changes that i made to the building i don't know if that has something to do with it as well because the original model of this building works fine

Message 25 of 35
Sahay_R

@emmanuelbee - Make sure that your room schedule includes elements in links.....that should allow you to see the room

Also do check out the suggestions offered in this thread - controlling the visibility of rooms from the link, as suggested by @dzanta, may be helpful.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/cannot-tag-a-room-from-linked-model/td-p/6476794

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 26 of 35
emmanuelbee
in reply to: Sahay_R

I've checked out that other thread, my linked model is just a structural model with columns and beams, so there are no rooms, is there a way that i could upload my project to this site?, I've tried it before but it doesn't seem to work. 

Message 27 of 35
emmanuelbee
in reply to: ToanDN

See attached files.., the area that is not filled in the section is the area that I'm trying to place a room and tag, I have highlighted it on the floor plan as well

Message 28 of 35
ToanDN

Can you tag the room in the section? If so, check the room workset and make sure it is not closed for the plan view.
Message 29 of 35
emmanuelbee

I just tried it, yes I can tag in the section, but its still not showing up in the plan view, all the tags are on the same workset and they are all showing apart from that one particular room

Message 30 of 35
ToanDN

@emmanuelbee wrote:

I just tried it, yes I can tag in the section, but its still not showing up in the plan view, all the tags are on the same workset and they are all showing apart from that one particular room

I am asking about the workset of the room, not the tag.  Select the room in section and see what workset it belongs to.

Message 31 of 35
emmanuelbee

It belongs to the same workset as all the others 'Workset 1'

Message 32 of 35
ToanDN

Can you go to Room & Area drop-down > Area and Volume Computations, and enable Volume computation?  If that still a no-go then you may need to share the Revit file.

Message 33 of 35

I have had this happen when I have a non-structural floor (ie. thin carpet) drawn on top of the structural slab and the room gets trapped between the 2 somehow. Just make sure, if you have that, to un-check 'Room Bounding' for the non-structural the floor finish.

Message 34 of 35
Sarah.Katie

Its 2020 and i've had the same problem which non of the suggestions worked. But I solved it in the end!

I went to 3D mode, turned it upside down and deleted the room separation lines that were showing (which i couldn't see in any other view!). 

Message 35 of 35
sdurkee_sa

We had a similar issue today in Revit 2022. Room could be highlighted and tagged correctly in section and elevation, but would not highlight or tag in any plan. There were storefront objects as "islands" in the room, i.e., not separating the entire room. Changed those to non Room Bounding and the room tags in plan correctly now.

Just happened on one project. Haven't been able to recreate it. Very strange.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators