Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow problem?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1706 Views, 11 Replies

Shadow problem?

Hi all,

I am working on a rather large project (33 stories), This problem happen when I cast shadow in Revit (see image below), Many small points are missing shadow! I spent time to research but still don know how to fix this,

Shadow problem.png

Do I missed some shadow setting or just b/c of my graphic card?

Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hi, i have a feeling it could be your graphics card update the driver or go to options > graphics> untick "use hardware accelaration. hope it helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thank you for your help, I have already tried it, unfortunately still can not solve this issue,

Message 4 of 12
ennujozlagam

hi can you check your "properties" underlay change to none or check your view range.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Yes thank you, I set the underlays to None and already try all options of the the view range (adjust cut plan, bottom, view depth.. ground level, basement, unlimitted...) But still can not solve this,

Message 6 of 12
ennujozlagam

huh. is there anyway you can post some portion of it so we can check. thanksSmiley Sad

Message 7 of 12
ysautodesklover

I have exactly same problems in multi-story building...

Only top floor doesn't have the problem and the shadows on the other floor seem like 

being affected by elements above the floor....1.png2.png

Message 8 of 12
Jensm_BIG
in reply to: ysautodesklover

Did you ever find a solution to this? This still seem to be a problem in Revit 2019... 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

This is still a problem in Revit 2019.. Did anyone have a solution?

Message 10 of 12
martijn_pater

Maybe you could zip&share the file to examine. I'm not familiar with the issue.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: martijn_pater

Just did an 2021 Upgrade to the file. Still the same. Here is a screenshot. unfortunately due to security reasons cant share the file but the problem is the same one as the previous posts here. 2020-10-01 09_49_05-Window.png

Message 12 of 12
LukeLZ

Hey All,

I think I may have a solution. Within the Sun Settings, set the location of the site accurately. 

Our original location was set to somewhere in Boston for some reason, this simple change fixed the issue instantly.

LukeLZ_0-1683762413704.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators