Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fasteners in Details

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
3972 Views, 18 Replies

Fasteners in Details

I have sadly taken note of the fact that the fasteners are scattered all
over the place in the U.S. system of things, whereas in the UK method, there
is a whole category for them, in one easy place to find all of them.

Now to the question, Why are the fasteners in both the ACAD and REVIT
libraries the same ones that we have had for YEARS, with no additions or
improvements. There are NO Wood screws, deck screws, Toggle bolts, screw
anchors for GWB, or any other type of expansion bolts or screws other than
the huge ones used in concrete work.

Are there any other fasteners out there? When drawing details, it seems a
shame that there is not a better selection of fasteners to choose from.

Thanks for letting me rant, if anyone knows of a source for Revit or ACAD
fasteners, please post here.
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
EmmanuelGarcia
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe Revit is still lacking. I hope to be ignorant and wrong. I'll check again. Unfortunately, I find it easier and faster to quickly model or create my own fastener families.

Message 3 of 19
ToanDN
in reply to: EmmanuelGarcia

@EmmanuelGarcia wrote:

I believe Revit is still lacking. I hope to be ignorant and wrong. I'll check again. Unfortunately, I find it easier and faster to quickly model or create my own fastener families.

You model fasteners?

Message 4 of 19
EmmanuelGarcia
in reply to: ToanDN

I confess I 3D model a few connectors, bolts, screws and nails, here and there, as judiciously and wisely as possible. Saves me a lot of time and can make for more accurate details. I project in a couple of years computing hardware power and software quality will have improved to the point this will no longer be a shameful / dangerous practice. 😉

Message 5 of 19
aaron.bortz

Cut to 5 years later: Nope.

😂

Message 6 of 19
RSomppi
in reply to: aaron.bortz

What do you mean by "nope"?

Message 7 of 19
aaron.bortz

My reply to the OP on a 5 year old thread. There's still no fastener details included in Revit.

Message 8 of 19
RSomppi

@aaron.bortz wrote:

My reply to the OP on a 5 year old thread. There's still no fastener details included in Revit.

The OP was nearly 14 years ago.

Message 9 of 19
aaron.bortz
in reply to: RSomppi

But the last post was 5 years ago= 5 year old thread.

What's your point?

Revit still has no fastener details.

Message 10 of 19
RSomppi

@aaron.bortz wrote:

The OP took place 14 years ago and the OP hasn't been here since.

When is your birthday? Does your age get less when certain things happen?

Message 11 of 19
aaron.bortz

Huh?

Most people measure thread age by the last post. Not it's "birthday".

At any rate, none of your comments is relevant to the topic of the post unless this is your MO to raise your forum rank.

Message 12 of 19
RSomppi

@aaron.bortz wrote:

none of your comments is relevant to the topic

And what about your comments. You've added nothing to this 14 year old thread.

Message 13 of 19
aaron.bortz

Troll Post.JPG

Kind of like your posts?

Actually, I noted that 5 years from the last post, there were still no fastener details in Revit which may be useful for the next person looking for fastener details as I was. 

I was on topic but got sucked in to a pointless discussion with an Autodesk Forum troll judging by your previous posts to other people.

Message 14 of 19
mhiserZFHXS

@aaron.bortz wrote:

What's your point?

Revit still has no fastener details.

Revit doesn't have a lot of things OOTB, but you have the ability to make them yourself. Revit is missing some functionalities and features that it needs to add, but Autodesk can't be expected to have a family pre-built for every single thing that exists in construction. You know how many types of "fasteners" there are out there? I don't. But its a lot.

Message 15 of 19
aaron.bortz
in reply to: mhiserZFHXS

There’s a lot of all the family types in Revit. But they still manage to include some generic ones OOTB  A few fastener details to choose from would be nice. 🤷‍:male_sign:

Message 16 of 19
RobDraw

Fastener details? That’s easy 2D stuff.

Instead of posting something as useless as your first post in a 14 year old thread. (No the age of a thread isn’t from the last post, it’s the first post, just like the age of everything else in the world, it’s based on it’s inception, not last activity. Otherwise, we would be resetting the age of this thread with every useless comment.)

Your arguments about Revit having things you need are pretty lame as most people create or obtain content because Revit does not have everything they need. 14 years is a long time to wait for Revit to make content. Better start making your own families or buy some 3rd party content or wait and hope for another 14 years.

If you are so smart about forums, you would know that necromancies a very old thread is considered bad form. Think about that.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 17 of 19
aaron.bortz
in reply to: RobDraw

Ha. You told me!

The forum police have put me in my place with their fancy words. 
At least my rank is going up!

Message 18 of 19
aaron.bortz
in reply to: RobDraw

I never claimed to be smart for one. All I did was post a lighthearted comment in a dead thread, unbeknownst to me because I don’t focus on the dates, rather the content, that it would be nice to have a few OTB details on fasteners. (Just in case you missed the laughing emoji underneath.)

Apparently the jist went over your heads because trolling the forums looking for bait to attack like bulldogs with your endless knowledge and snarky remarks seems to be your pastimes. Way to blow something up. 
Have fun with all that!

Message 19 of 19
RobDraw

You keep saying details. Details are 2D. Why would you want Revit to provide generic details when they are readily available from a variety of sources. Maybe you didn't know that?

If by details, you somehow mean 3D parts. There are much better programs for those kinds of elements which can export to content usable by Revit. If your job requires showing and accounting for fasteners, trying to do it without a 3rd party add in would be quite daunting. Revit isn't ready for that OOTB. 

Your criticism isn't warranted and your personal comments about your thoughts about me are really quite immature and meaningless in a technical forum. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators