Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have addaptative symbols for different scales?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
600 Views, 3 Replies

Can I have addaptative symbols for different scales?

Hi,

I am looking forward creating advanced symbols that could addapt for different scales. In some projects, I have multiples symbols next or close to each other. Sometimes I have to use parameters to move symbols located at the same place.

Nevertheless, the result is good only in that scale I was setting up my symbols' displacements. If I use a detail Callout and set it in a greater scale, symbols will have an offset from each other. Setting lower scale, symbols will clash ones to anothers.

I was hoping creating a family that have 2 symbols in there and configure them to show in different scales. I believe instance set up can't resolve this since an instance input of a family object is the same regardless the scale.

Hence, I would like to know if anyone knows a way to work with symbols of the same object/families in multiples views and multiples scales with the possibility to have different results for these diferent scales?

See attached images to understand what I am trying to solve.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello everyone, 

I got an idea but still I have a problem.

I created 2 same anotation and loaded into the family I wanted. Each anotation is set as a specific object syle. In this way, I can turn on / turn off visibility of object styles. For each anotation I have a different displacement parameter so I can addapt the displacement value for 2 different scales. 

Everything was going well up untill I use it in a symbol that had filled region in it. Object styles works only for lines, not regions. So when I turn off an object style visibility in VG, the filled region is still there. 

If anyone can help me solve this, please let me know.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

You could utilize Coarse/Medium/Fine detail levels for showing different symbol sizes.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi @ToanDN ,

It could work, but my workflow requires me to set detail level in fine most situations. If I I don't get any other good solution, I'll study the effort to change my workflow.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report