Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control Stretch (%) in <StyleOverrides>?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ngnam1988
236 Views, 3 Replies

How to Control Stretch (%) in <StyleOverrides>?

Dears,

I'm trying control the font stretch % in 3D Annotations. Please help me how to do that? I can't find any relative information about it. Thanks!

ngnam1988_0-1701676734282.png

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @ngnam1988,

With this code it should work, but since it is not updated I think we have found a bug in the API here.

Dim p As PartDocument = ThisDoc.Document
Dim td As Inventor.ModelAnnotation

For Each td In p.ComponentDefinition.ModelAnnotations

If td.Type = ObjectTypeEnum.kModelLeaderNoteObject Then

Dim ml As ModelLeaderNote
	ml = td
	MsgBox(ml.Definition.Text.WidthScale)

Dim mld As ModelLeaderNoteDefinition = ml.Definition
	mld.Text.WidthScale = 2
	MsgBox(mld.Text.WidthScale)
	mld.Text.WidthScale = 3
	MsgBox(mld.Text.WidthScale)
	mld.Text.WidthScale = 4
	MsgBox (mld.Text.WidthScale)
End If
	Next

@johnsonshiue could you and your team take a look at this and maybe confirm that the above is the case.

Please see the attached video where I change the WidthScale from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and it does not update.

bradeneuropeArthur_0-1701727114709.png

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 4

Hi @bradeneuropeArthur 
Thanks!
I'm working with this Code but nothing changed, what's wrong here? Could you please help me,

Dim oDOC As PartDocument = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
oDOC.ActiveAnnotationsStandard = "DIN"
Dim TextFormatted As String =
	"<StyleOverride Font='ISOCPEUR' FontSize='0.275'>Title: </StyleOverride>" &
	"<StyleOverride Font='ISOCPEUR' FontSize='0.275' Bold='True'><Property Document='Model' FormatID='{F29F85E0-4FF9-1068-AB91-08002B27B3D9}' PropertyID='2'>TITLE</Property></StyleOverride><br/>" &
Dim oDefinition As ModelGeneralNoteDefinition = oDOC.ComponentDefinition.ModelAnnotations.ModelGeneralNotes.CreateDefinition(TextFormatted, True, ScreenQuadrantEnum.kLowerRightQuadrant)
Call oDOC.ComponentDefinition.ModelAnnotations.ModelGeneralNotes.Add(oDefinition)
oDefinition.Text.WidthScale = 0.7
MsgBox(oDefinition.Text.WidthScale)
Dim oModelAnnotations As ModelAnnotations = oDOC.ComponentDefinition.ModelAnnotations
Dim oMGN As ModelGeneralNote = oModelAnnotations.ModelGeneralNotes.Item(1)
Dim oMGNDefinition As ModelGeneralNoteDefinition = oMGN.Definition
oMGNDefinition.Text.WidthScale = 0.7
MsgBox(oMGNDefinition.Text.WidthScale)
oMGN.Name = "GeneralNote"
Message 4 of 4

And what is not changing?
I have written to the AU team for confirmation that the stretch/scale is a bug regarding not updating!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report