Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilogic Rule Latency (Lag) on Workstations

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Walliguy
230 Views, 2 Replies

Ilogic Rule Latency (Lag) on Workstations

Hello All,

Problem:

We are experiencing latency issues when an Ilogic rule in a sheet metal part is run on different user computers.

Background:

I have created an Ilogic rule that loops through a CSV file attempting to find an product number. While the solution executes almost instantaneously on my machine, we are experiencing latency issues when other users attempt to run the rule on their machines. Additionally, we have noticed if you suppress the rule, save, unsuppress, and save the rule on the other machines, the rule runs as expected. In an attempt to to resolve the problem I have rewritten the rule in two formats. And we updated one machine to Inventor 2024.2

Machine Setups:

My machine is currently running 2024.0.1 on Windows 10

Machine 2 currently running 2024.2 on Windows 10 (upgraded from testing)

Machine 3 currently running 2024.1.1 on Windows 11 

Any help would be appreciated,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Walliguy
in reply to: Walliguy

Hello,

A bit of an update:

As a test we added the rule to the sheet metal template and it seems to have helped speed inconsistency. I will update this thread in a week or so after some more testing.

Thank you,

Chris 

Message 3 of 3
Walliguy
in reply to: Walliguy

Hey,

After testing it seems that our performance issues were somehow related to the iLogic not being in the template.

I will Accept this Solution.

Thank you,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report