Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change "Description/Tooltips" of button dynamic?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ngnam1988
146 Views, 2 Replies

How to change "Description/Tooltips" of button dynamic?

Dears,

I'm trying to creating a dynamic button for checking something that relative to standard.

My question is: Is there any solution to change button's description/tooltip dynamic? I mean when I got an error, if error is A => Button show description/tooltip A; if B => Button show description/tooltip B...

ngnam1988_0-1706407921278.png

Thanks!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The same as I have shown you with the Icon!

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 3

Same as this:

And than specific these lines:

m_sampleButton.ToolTipText = "Other Text"
            m_sampleButton.DescriptionText = "Other Text"

Private WithEvents m_sampleButton As ButtonDefinition

#Region "ApplicationAddInServer Members"

' This method is called by Inventor when it loads the AddIn. The AddInSiteObject provides access  
        ' to the Inventor Application object. The FirstTime flag indicates if the AddIn is loaded for
        ' the first time. However, with the introduction of the ribbon this argument is always true.
        Public Sub Activate(ByVal addInSiteObject As Inventor.ApplicationAddInSite, ByVal firstTime As Boolean) Implements Inventor.ApplicationAddInServer.Activate
            ' Initialize AddIn members.
            g_inventorApplication = addInSiteObject.Application

' Connect to the user-interface events to handle a ribbon reset.
            m_uiEvents = g_inventorApplication.UserInterfaceManager.UserInterfaceEvents

' TODO: Add button definitions.

' Sample to illustrate creating a button definition.
            'Dim largeIcon As stdole.IPictureDisp = PictureDispConverter.ToIPictureDisp(My.Resources.YourBigImage)
            'Dim smallIcon As stdole.IPictureDisp = PictureDispConverter.ToIPictureDisp(My.Resources.YourSmallImage)
            Dim controlDefs As Inventor.ControlDefinitions = g_inventorApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions
            m_sampleButton = controlDefs.AddButtonDefinition("Command Name", "Internal Name", CommandTypesEnum.kShapeEditCmdType, AddInClientID)
            m_sampleButton.ToolTipText = "Other Text"
            m_sampleButton.DescriptionText = "Other Text"
            ' Add to the user interface, if it's the first time.
            If firstTime Then
                AddToUserInterface()
            End If
        End Sub

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report