Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubber Poured into mould around steel frame

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MikeKovacik4928
192 Views, 5 Replies

Rubber Poured into mould around steel frame

Hi All

I have never tried this before. After I have created my steel assembly. How do I "pour" rubber into a mould around it, to get another assembly just consisting of the steel assembly plus the rubber around it as one other part.

Every single surface will be covered by rubber (polyurethane). A mould is made, the steel frame put into it, the polyurethane mixed and poured in, left to cool and harden, then cured in an oven. 

Mike Kovacik

South Africa

Inventor Pro 2023

IQ_211_Rubber Mould around Steel Frame_001.jpgIQ_211_Rubber Mould around Steel Frame_002.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I would derive your steel weldment into a new part then model the rubber around it. 

Using Inventor 2022 on Windows 10

Ideas needing support: spur gear tooth profile, rack gears generator
Message 3 of 6

Thanks

How do I derive my steel weldment into a new part. Never done that before, what command?

Message 4 of 6
blandb
in reply to: MikeKovacik4928

If you start a new part, Manage tab > Derive, then add the assembly as a single body. You can then use the Shell command and instead of removing material, use the outward direction and type whatever wall you want the rubber thickness to be. Now you can make a new assy of your rubber and your part together:

blandb_0-1719608151213.png

Shrinkwrap/simplify from the weldment itself as a single body does the same as deriving the part...Just another workflow 

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 5 of 6
MikeKovacik4928
in reply to: blandb

Thanks

That seems to work.

Regards

Mike K

Message 6 of 6

Hi Mike, you can also use this method. Create the mould external shape and add to an assembly, then copy and combine. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvrMA15pj2o

James W
Inventor UX Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report