Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meetup proposal for CAD Managers & CAD Administrators

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
freesbee
251 Views, 1 Reply

Meetup proposal for CAD Managers & CAD Administrators

Dear All,

I am one of the inventor users out there who has started his activity back on Inventor 5 and has seen the product growing since then. In the last 10 years I have specialized myself more and more in the CAD administration area, always in relation to Autodesk products, with particular focus on Inventor.

In many circumstances I find myself struggling with details and challenges that are probably not known to the most: several of my ideas also reflect this situation. I wonder if we could organize a meetup dedicated to CAD Administrators who are called to manage Inventor in structured environments, in order to compare how each professional has faced his specific challenges. Everyone in similar situation is welcome to share his knowledge and his experience, in particular CAD Administrators who deal regularly with teams larger than 15 users/workstations.

If you are interested in this kind of information exchange please leave a like to this post, and I will do my best to organize one or more sessions accordingly, preparing an agenda and inviting some valuable inventor PMs to the meetup.

I take this chance to wish all of you a nice and relaxing Christmas time!

Massimo

Massimo Frison
CAD R&D // PDM Admin · Hekuma GmbH
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
freesbee
in reply to: freesbee

Now that some community members start showing their interest in this kind of meeting, I would like to consolidate here a list of ideas that are mostly targeted to CAD Admins. Since about 7 years I personally follow and promote a number of ideas that I think would make inventor a better product. A couple of them have been implemented already, some of them are being targeted for release 2024. Some of them are quite much "CAD Administrator specific", therefore ignored by most users.

Not only they can be a basis for initiating a discussion in the meetup that is being proposed here, but they are also a reference for all "CAD Admin-like" users who maybe sometimes have to face similar challenges.

Obviously I do not pretend to collect here all CAD Admin targeted IDEAs: these are just the ones I know about. If anyone is aware of other similar ideas he is very welcome to refer them to me and I will react accordingly.

Massimo Frison
CAD R&D // PDM Admin · Hekuma GmbH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report