Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Mac OS, Maya requesting activation after silent install.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
helpdesk
733 Views, 6 Replies

Maya 2017 Mac OS, Maya requesting activation after silent install.

Installed using the following

1. Copied Maya 2017 installer to /tmp/

2. Ran the following script:

/tmp/Install\ Maya\ 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/setup --noui --force --serial_number=xxx-xxxxxxxx --product_key=657I1 --license_type=kStandalone

/tmp/Install\ Maya\ 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/adlmreg -i N 657I1 657I1 2017.0.0.F xxx-xxxxxxxx /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/Adlm/PIT/2017/MayaConfig.pit

sudo mkdir /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/CLM/LGS/657I1_2017.0.0.F

sudo touch /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/CLM/LGS/657I1_2017.0.0.F/LGS.data

sudo chmod 777 /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/CLM/LGS/657I1_2017.0.0.F/LGS.data

echo "_STANDALONE" >> /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/CLM/LGS/657I1_2017.0.0.F/LGS.data

Upon launching the software for the first time, I am still being presented with the "lets get started" and it's asking for product/serial numbers. Can I get any guidance? I got it working in Windows with little trouble, but it seems to be awkwardly difficult to get working on MacOS. I've been searching, but from all I can find people keep indicating that the adlmreg stuff is broken, I thought I worked around it by touching the LGS.data file, but... if I'm doing something obviously wrong I'd love to see it. I really don't want to have to re-roll my MacOS image with a monolithic copy of Maya built in 😐

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
natasha.l
in reply to: helpdesk

Hello @helpdesk,

If you are connected to the internet please try to locate the  Maya Help. When you have the product launched press F1 or select Help > Maya Help, the Help launches from an Autodesk web server. If you do not have reliable Internet access, you can download a copy of the Help fromwww.autodesk.com/maya-helpdownload-enu. Then, search through the information to find, installing Mac using command-line parameters for step by step instructions. 

Let us know how everything goes. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 7
helpdesk
in reply to: natasha.l

Those instructions do not work, adlmreg in OSX appears to be broken, as has been stated in many Maya OSX threads.

Thanks for replying, but it's going to take more than that.

Message 4 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @helpdesk,

Take a look at this post it has been solved & addressed here: Maya 2017 Command Line Install

Best of luck on your install. Thanks for posting! 

Message 5 of 7
helpdesk
in reply to: natasha.l

I've done that, and my installation script is identical to what is in that post, but as soon as I launch Maya after installation it's requesting a serial number and product key. I can browse on the drive to the license file, it's there and populated with the license information, but Maya itself is not utilizing the license information. I've confirmed the permissions on the files are 777, so there's no issue accessing them.

Message 6 of 7
helpdesk

The information in this thread https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/deploying-maya-with-munki/td-p/6241379 is also not working. 

I can get it working as a network install, but for our environment a network license is not going to work.

Message 7 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @helpdesk,

It depends on the license type what commands you will need. 

The Standalone commands will need the serial number specified in your Autodesk account, it will not need the server & network information. 

The Network License commands will use the replacement SN indicated in the post I provided, it will need the server commands & network information. 

Let us know & best of luck on this. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report