Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to active my inventor 2016 ( student licenes )( Error 400 )

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
768 Views, 12 Replies

Unable to active my inventor 2016 ( student licenes )( Error 400 )

Hallo. Posted on this forum since i cant seem to find an english forum? I have a problem with installing my 2016 inventor. Im unable to active the key once i installed it. I have a student license.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
muriel.a
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For licensing assistance, please contact the Activation and Registration team through our Contact Us page. They will be happy to assist you with this!

Muriel Assuncao
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: muriel.a

@muriel.a Hallo. I have tried the contact us page and i keep getting sent back and forward. I cant seem to find an email address to contact on? I had same problem with the 2015 version but back then i sent an email to support and they sent a 13 digit activation code which i could then activate my inventor.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

This is the screen i get when i try and activate
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Trying again 😄

Message 6 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Either use the Autodesk Register Once Web site (link in my signature) or on the right side of your posting is a link that states New: Get an Activation Code.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I dont know if im just out of luck.
But when i click "request a code" i get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

I will try again later 😄

Thanks for the replys

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Well seems the server is still down. Tried to get an activation code but it keeps saying internal error... Is there somthing wrong with the server?
Message 9 of 13
camilo.lemos

Hi @Anonymous

For licensing assistance, please contact the Activation and Registration team through our Contact Us page. Please be sure to wait for the page to fully load so that the contact options become visible.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hey @Mark.Lancaster I finally got it to work. I went thru your link in the signatur. There i registerede the product again. But i had to delete my account which was connected to the product key i think. Atleast i had to remake the account with name address etc etc. After that i got an activation code which i could use. This finally worked. The other service thru the website "otto" where you try and recieve a code still gives internal error. I tried on another computer which gave same problem
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Dear,

I am getting error 400 during activating student license.

Could you please help me?

Message 12 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

To the right of your posting is a link called New: Get an Activation Code.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 13 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community! 

As a student, you have access to 2015-2018 for 3yrs when you create an Educational Community Account you have access to all the information you need to download, install & activate. You do not need an activation code. 

Please review the information in this article: Steps for Setting-Up Student Software

Thanks for posting. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report