Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slicer for Fusion 360 topics

66 REPLIES 66
Message 1 of 67
gmelantoni
31773 Views, 66 Replies

Slicer for Fusion 360 topics

Update Aug 17, 2020:

Here is the last stable release of Slicer: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/downloads/caas/downloads/content/slicer-for-fusion...

____

Moving support for Slicer for Fusion 360 into the forums. The app will be in maintenance for the time being. Since we believe it still provides a lot of value, we want to keep it available until we find the opportunity to either update it or move its core functions into Fusion 360 itself.

These are the current know issues:

•  On some Windows 10 machines, Slicer crashes. Try updating your graphic card drivers. If you have onboard graphics, they may just not be powerful enough for supporting Slicer's graphic system.
  • After deprecation of TLS1.0, Slicer can't sign in. You can still do all the work offline and save locally.
  • You can't find Win or Mac version. There's a button on the store that leads to the other version you are looking for, The active state is not very clear.
  • Slicer fails to show any slices. The material may be too thin or there are too many slices. Slicer was initially thought for plywood, acrylic and cardboard in low to medium complexity models.
  • Panelization's numbers are wrong. This is a bug, unfortunately. In models of low or medium complexity, you can use the 3d model on screen to guide the right connections.
Guillermo Melantoni
Senior Product Line Manager
“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
66 REPLIES 66
Message 21 of 67
scottmoyse
in reply to: gmelantoni

Really we just need this functionality to be baked into Fusion 360 natively ASAP.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

RevOps Strategy Manager at Toolpath. New Zealand based.

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 22 of 67
Anonymous

Hello,

@gmelantoni wrote:

If you are using the new Fusion 360 UI preview, Slicer won't start as an add-in until we do the final push of the Fusion 360 UI into full production (out of Preview). Until then, users will see this issue if they have the UI preview.

I tried disabling the UI preview, but I can't see the addin in Fusion.

Nothing seems to be written either in the addin directory:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production

I'm on Windows 10, is there a manual procedure to install it properly with or without the UI preview ?

This used to work a few month ago when I first tested it (before the new UI preview came out), and I really need this addin to work again right now.

Regards,

David 

Message 23 of 67
Anonymous

I am building a cone and the rings are placed next to each other rather than concentrically, wasting a lot of material. Is there any way to optimize this space?

Message 24 of 67
Anonymous

Hi,

I'm trying to laser cut a model, and I've been looking at slicer to do it, but I just realized that slicer is only giving me what I need in two dimensions (a criss-cross shape). I'm trying to have another axis (something along the horizontal plane). Something more along the lines of this (https://www.instructables.com/id/Cardboard-Kayak-part-1/) rather than this (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GsIi17Xialg/maxresdefault.jpg). Please help.

All the best,

Yishai Silver

Message 25 of 67
fprico

Hi, 

I have a problem with the latest version of slicer for fusion 360. The slot offset and tool diameter seem to not work.

Is possible to provide me an older version.

Thanks.

Fernando.

Message 26 of 67
gideon.naude
in reply to: Anonymous

Glad someone has put in the effort to bring this up.:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Slicer should be able to create native Fusion 360 objects and it should be able to hand them back to Fusion without needing file save/transfer hoops to jump through;

2. The objects should be transferrable either as individual slices or as (ideally) as parts laid out with the relationship between them preserved so as to be able to be cut from the stock extents;

3. As much as reasonably practicable, the shapes created for slices should use native 360 primitives (arcs, splines, etc) instead of polygonal segments;

4. The slices should preserve Z axis contours;

5. DXF export should maximize use of primitives (circles, arcs, splines) instead of polygonal segments; and

6. DXF export MUST preserve absolute sizes, so that DXFs imported into 360 are the correct size/scale.

I really REALLY hope this program gets some love, because it has SO MUCH POTENTIAL. It is great as a proof of concept, but it needs refinement on implementation/workflow. 

I have been exporting files and importing thing to manually clean up paths in drawing software called Inkscape. Its a really slow workflow.

There's another bug that I would like to bring attention to.  With Radial slices as the selected cutting method, Slicer does not store the position of the midpoint if altered in the slice direction.   Every time I open a locally saved file, the centre of the radial has been reset and the information lost.  If I try to reposition the centre of the radial to where I had it previously, Slices resets positions of the slices. So, in essence, I can't perfectly reopen the exact project I'm working on if using radial slices with a repositioned centre in my project. 

Not sure if anyone else finds it really difficult to set slices accurately. Is there a way to change mouse sensitivity settings without doing it in Windows and therefore affecting all other software I'm using?  Perhaps keyboard shortcuts would help a lot here.  Suggestion to hold down control while dragging to make small movements would be REALLY helpful in reducing wrist strain.

While I am expressing ideas, "notch intersects hole" is not a model issue if you are working on something with a hole in it while dividing with radial slices.  It's distracting from finding real issues.  This is not as important but will make the creative experience much better.

I also really hope to see the ability to reopen an STL of the altered model in Fusion, without having to try to do it manually, by extruding DXF's.

Hope Autodesk decides to allocate more resources to develop this software, as there is major room for improvement to make this even more useful than it already is.

Message 27 of 67
gideon.naude
in reply to: gideon.naude

I attached two screenshots to help you visualise the bug I am referring to.  The first JPG labelled "saved project" was taken just before closing Slicer, and then after reopening I get what is attached as "reopened project".  I am able to replicate the problem.  Hope this helps.

Message 28 of 67
Anonymous
in reply to: gideon.naude

Hi,

just installed current Win10 version of Slicer for Fusion 360 (1.0.0) and it keeps crashing on import/export from/to local file, unable to save to Fusion Team, etc. Error messages except attached are not displayed, the app crashes silently.

Able to launch via Fusion 360, configure various slicing parameters. but the only output operating is printing to PDF, which - aiming to cut slices with CNC - pretty much useless.

If anybody can give advice or point me to source of usable documentation on this, would be highly appreciated.

Regards, 

András

Message 29 of 67
JeromeBriot

Hello,

Slicer is unusable when launched directly from Fusion 360. It always asks for signing:

Slicer-Fusion-360-Signin.PNG
Then it resets the Fusion 360 session!

The only workaround is to export STL from Fusion 360 and import it in Slicer.

I tried to repair and reinstall Slicer but nothing works.

Thanks

Tags (3)
Message 30 of 67
JeromeBriot
in reply to: JeromeBriot

@JeromeBriot wrote:

Then it resets the Fusion 360 session!

Note that this only occurs on Windows.

Message 31 of 67
Anonymous

Hi, please send me the 32-bit version of the Slider app.

abolfazl_26@yahoo.com

Thanks

Message 32 of 67
Anonymous

if you start Slicer for Fusion 360 automatically, the same thing happens

Message 33 of 67
PropChad

I can't even launch from Fusion 360. It isn't in the add-ons, or anywhere else that I can see. But same issue if I launch it manually. Asks for me to agree to terms, open link to A360 or Home - FUSION. Nothing to agree to there. Open Fusion 360, and I have to resign in.

Message 34 of 67
iSuat

Message 35 of 67
scottmoyse

There is something really odd going on with the latest version of Slicer... after launching it from Fusion 360, it displays this message:

2019-10-28_21-34-19.jpg

Clicking the suggested link does nothing other than load that website... no process kicks off for me to complete. Then clicking OK proceeds to load the model as you would expect.... all looks well until you switch back to Fusion to find that as soon as you click OK, it logs you out of Fusion 360. REALLY annoying.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 36 of 67
scottmoyse
in reply to: scottmoyse

@gmelantoni I'm guessing it's something to do with Sign In being broken... also guessing this broke on August 3rd 2019, when Autodesk finally transitioned to Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 and stopped supporting TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1

2019-10-28_22-13-21.jpg

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 37 of 67
JeromeBriot
in reply to: scottmoyse

@scottmoyse, this bug was reported two months ago. Here is a reply that @gmelantoni posted in another discussion a month ago:

@gmelantoni wrote:

Fixing that aspect of Slicer might take time. One thing we are doing now is to add a fix in Fusion, so if it's open and it gets logged out, at least it will prompt for save or create a recovery file so no data is lost.

Message 38 of 67
scottmoyse

Thanks for sharing the additional info... If a 3rd party app was doing that to Fusion 360, I'm certain that Autodesk would pull it from the app store until it was fixed. This is a really bad bug.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 39 of 67
3DWP

Hi,

I have installed the latest version for Windows 64, version 1.0.0 (Release Date: 2/14/2017 Last Updated:9/17/2019) - however the installer downloads a 32 bit version.

When I make a custom material under Manufacturing Settings I always get 0 sheets so I can't add settings I need and make something. Only the standard material options generate sheets.

Am I missing something or is this a known bug?

3D Print Service 3DWP
https://www.3dwp.nl
Message 40 of 67
michael55SE4

Thanks!  The bug does not seem to be fixed as of 12/10/2019 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report