Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse scrolling not zooming in/out after April update

104 REPLIES 104
SOLVED
Message 1 of 105
GeoffPacker7777
9990 Views, 104 Replies

Mouse scrolling not zooming in/out after April update

Middle mouse scrolling not zooming in after April 2019 update during in mid command, eg extrude or sweep, I can't zoom in with the scroll wheel on my mouse. Double tapping the middle mouse zooms out, but have to use the view commands at base of view-port in order to zoom.
104 REPLIES 104
Message 61 of 105
subversivespeed
in reply to: Phil.E

And, yes< I was using a logitech device and so the zooming seems to be ok now. Just the 3dmouse issues..

As far as the threads, I didn't know if you all wanted new threads for every issue or simply find a related thread and reopen the issue. Ill start a new thread from now on.

Message 62 of 105
Anonymous

One last thing, let's be sure your mouse navigation mode is what you want: Go to ?Help > Quick Setup, what navigation mode are you using? (under item 2, what application is listed)

I've just checked this and using each of the different options I get the same result. It looks like the option for "other" is what I was using previously but this has no effect.

Also closing and reopening Fusion360 I see the option reverts back to New to Cad.

Previously I had zero issues with this or another of the same mouse while using F360 and now it has been 100% of the times since last week (i clicked to accept an update within the past couple of weeks). But I will see if I can get another mouse to try today.

Message 63 of 105
Phil.E
in reply to: subversivespeed

@subversivespeed  I only mean that if the original thread is not the issue you are having, and in this case it's not at all the same problem, then make a new post. Other forum customers will have an easier time finding new issues that match the problem they are having. In this case you are making a post for those people first, and someone like me will find it anyway, so everyone wins.

Regarding Win 7 or Win 10 support in the 3D connexion drivers, I can't comment. I can only guess that 3Dconnexion may not be testing or developing for Win 7 because it will expire in January when Microsoft drops support for it. Here is their forum board https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/ if you want to inquire with them. You might also check if your spacemouse drivers are up to date.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 64 of 105
Phil.E
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Thanks for making that dedicated post. I'm sure someone with the same mouse or similar will have some advice. Feel free to tag me in that if you don't get any good answers.

Let me know what you find with another mouse. (if you have a local Goodwill thrift store, or similar establishment, dell and hp mice are a couple bucks).

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 65 of 105
subversivespeed

Apparently the 3d connexion driver became corrupted.. I reinstalled and it recovered. 

Message 66 of 105

Hmm, it seems this isn't a current issue, but I am experiencing it somehow. My mouse wheel on my Logitech MX Anywhere 2S suddenly started scrolling instead of zooming. If I hold Shift, the wheel zooms, or if Caps Lock is activated, it will zoom.

Troubleshooting I've tried:

- restarting the app and my computer

- changing the "Pan, Zoom, and Orbit" setting (it's on Tinkercad, but I've tried others to no avail)

- seeing if anything in the Logitech Options driver app is amiss (you can't change the function of the scroll wheel though)

I am running macOS Mojave (10.14.6), latest version of Fusion I think (2.0.7438), using just one monitor. Attached is a screencast, if that helps with getting the mouse data.

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix?

Message 67 of 105
cooperAL5P5
in reply to: cooperAL5P5

Just an update, I've tried two other mice, both non-Logitech mice, and the behavior is exactly the same. I see my screencast didn't post either, including it here. Would really appreciate any help on this, constantly toggling my Caps Lock on and off has been driving me crazy.

Message 68 of 105
Phil.E

This has to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen. All indications are that your hardware is interpreting scrolling of the mouse wheel as panning events in Fusion. You can see in the video that as it pans, it shows the wheel as active.

But it's not really panning, it appears to be "scrolling" the Fusion application window, like a web page.

The fact that you can hold down a modifier key indicates further that some setting is in effect on your system that is messing with normal mouse key events.

Can you look on your system preferences and see what caps lock is set to do?

1. Open “System Preferences” from the  Apple menu.
  2. Click on “Keyboard”
  3. In the lower right corner, click on “Modifier Keys…”
  4. Click on the pull-down menu next to “Caps Lock Key” 

This might point in the right direction.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 69 of 105
cooperAL5P5

Much thanks for the help. 🙏

Checked in my Keyboard settings in System Preferences, and Caps Lock Key is set to Caps Lock, so I don't think that's quite it.

I have an app called BetterTouchTool installed that does allow for custom keyboard and mouse functionality, but quitting that (which does fully disable it from running in the background) does not fix the issue, even after restarting Fusion. Plus, the mouse zoom used to work before even with BTT on. Pretty sure it's not the issue.

In System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab, I tried unchecking all the things that have Accessibility access, also did nothing.

Scratching my head over here. My computer is pretty stable, and I keep it pretty clean. I've never seen any strange mouse-wheel or keyboard behavior in any other apps.

Message 70 of 105
Phil.E

I would hope someone else would confirm it by now, so it doesn't seem like a general issue.  You have posted this three times now. Hundreds of views, and nobody has spoken up. The chances that this is local on your hardware are high. And it's not related to mouse type, so drivers or settings remain suspect. I'll try to find more information for you.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 71 of 105
cooperAL5P5

Aha, I figured it out. The Native Trackpad add-in this support article took me to was the culprit. I wish I had thought about that sooner. I had given my trackpad a try but ended up not liking it as much, even with that Add-in fix (which did fix all the trackpad problems). So when I went back to the mouse, I forgot I had installed that.

Thanks for your help, the comment about drivers and settings directed me to the root of the problem.

Message 72 of 105
aleksanderwieneke

Hi I'm having the exact same issue. When in mid-sketch I cannot zoom in. I've tried restarting both my laptop and fusion. I've tried minimizing Fusion,  changing my mouse settings from Solidworks, Fusion, other, etc. still no change. My mouse is a Logitech. However, I swapped mice already to a rapoo mouse, same problem. I've tried it with Google Chrome closed and open, the problem still occurs. I'm using a Windows 10. What can I do?

Message 73 of 105

I am having the same issue and it is murdering my productivity.

Message 74 of 105
ryantgolden
in reply to: ryantgolden

I figured out on my end what was going on. I un-checked enable camera pivot and it resolved it! 

Message 75 of 105
Phil.E
in reply to: aleksanderwieneke

When it comes to logitech mice, the problem is not the mouse hardware, it's the drivers. So if you tried another mouse and it used the logitech drivers you'd get the same results. 

Have you installed the latest Logitech drivers? Did you disable mouse wheel "left/right" "panning effect? (make the mouse wheel act only as an up/down button and wheel, not leaning left and right.)

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 76 of 105
silverdynamicprops

Thanks!

This problem randomly hit me this morning, no idea why I hadn't changed any setting or updated anything!

Anyway this fixed it.

Message 77 of 105
dewaine50

Hey was this problem ever figured out in windows? I have a Razer Mamba and I can't zoom 

Message 78 of 105
Phil.E
in reply to: dewaine50

Can you check this setting first?

windows_scroll.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 79 of 105
subversivespeed
in reply to: dewaine50

Yes mine is also a Razer and no... It still doesn't work for Razer yet
afaik.
Message 80 of 105
Phil.E
in reply to: subversivespeed

This should probably be it's own post. First of all, this original post has nothing to do with Razer mice, and is over a year old.

Solutions found:

• Windows: Enable scrolling in inactive window (windows mouse settings)
  • Mac: Uninstall Native Trackpad
  • Fusion 360: Enable camera pivot in Fusion 360 preferences.
  • Logitech: Disable Mouse Wheel "tilt" (L/R tilting for side to side scrolling)

Each of these solutions solves a different problem. So if the Razer problem is not solved by these steps, please post a new post in the Support forum to ensure it gets the attention it deserves, since it would be a completely separate issue at that point.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report